Chapter 29

I suggest that you first listen to By Chance (You and I) - J.R.A, it's cheesy but I love it :)

ABIGALE

"I have a surprise for you." He whispered in my ear. Before I could respond he already stood behind, covering my eyes with his hands.

"Walk. I'll lead you." He said. With my hands extended in front of me I started walking. I knew my way through the house quite well by now and I figured out he was leading me towards the backyard.

It was already dark and I didn't know what to expect. A cold breeze was felt against my skin as we entered the yard.

"Can I look?" I asked curiously. I was always a nosy person and normally I'd hate surprises, but this was an exception.

"Patience. Patience." He cooed.

I sighed loudly as I continued to walk as he led me. I thought this was cute. It was like a scene from a movie. I never expected that it could be like this in real life, but I guess I was wrong.

"Okay. You can watch." Zayn whispered in my ears as his hands left my eyes.

My eyes fluttered open as I gasped at the sight in front of me. I blinked multiple times not believing the scene in front of me.

The trees in the backyard were filled with lights and candles. In the middle of a circle of a few trees, there laid a blanket. There was a bouquet flowers on it and also a guitar. This could be a picture from a magazine.

I turned around to look at Zayn. "Did you do this all for me?" I asked in disbelief, eyeing all the candles and lights again. I was smiling so widely that my cheeks were already hurting. This made my heart melt.

Zayn scratched the back of his neck nervously giving me a sheepish smile.

"Yeah... I did. Do you like it? Isn't it too much?" He asked with hopeful eyes.

"No. I love it!" With that I leaned over to give Zayn a peck on the cheek. He looked proud of himself.

"This is literally the sweetest thing a boy has ever done for me."

"I'd do everything for you." He winked while entwining our hands. I blushed at his remark.

We walked towards the blanket and he motioned for me to sit down.

He looked around nervously like he was deep in thought, sort of convincing himself? He soon grabbed the guitar from the blanket and I raised my eyebrows looking up at him.

Before I could say something about it, he knelt down in front of me and placed the guitar on his knee. Zayn his eyes closed as he began his first verse, playing the notes on the guitar.

'Hi

Girl you just caught my eye

Thought I should give it try

And get your name & your number

Go grab some lunch & eat some cucumbers

Why did I say that?

I don't know why.

But you're smilin' & it's something' I like

On your face, yeah it suits you

Girl we connect like we have bluetooth

I don't know why

I'm drawn to you

Could you be the other one so we'd equal two?

And this is all based on a lucky chance