Niall makes a silly face in response and Louis giggles into Harry's neck. "Why, Niall?"

"Because this apartment reminds him too much of my single days."

Louis is highly amused and so is Harry, as he is sat with a steady smirk while he chewed his food.

"We also thought about selling up." Louis supplies to the conversation.

"Really?" Niall leans against the counter across from him with a fork and his own plate.

Harry nods but he is deeply grateful that nobody points out, even in light of recent events, that Louis should be reminded of much more than just Harry's single days.

"We should buy a house by the lake and live together." Niall says in passing, sipping his orange juice.

"How long do you think we'll last?" Louis asks with his water glass at his lips.

"I doubt very long." Zayn jokes.

Harry's chuckle is almost as it was before he was taken from Louis and their home. "That, I doubt."

"Thanks, Psycho." Niall winks at Harry and it's as innocent as all their interactions but Zayn still glares at his food after noticing.

"What's the plan for today?" Harry gives Niall his plate and stands behind Louis' chair as he checks that he has everything.

"We have classes-" Louis tells him, turning around to drag Harry between his legs. "-so Zayn will take us."

"I'll take Louis to get his stuff from your place before we go to campus." Zayn adds from the kitchen sink.

Harry nods and thanks him before turning back to Louis with a smile he's reserved only for him. He grabs Louis' face carefully and kisses him languidly for a long moment.

"Be safe." He pecks Louis' nose. "I will miss you but I'm not spending another night at the Bureau so I will pick you up later, okay?"

"Okay." Louis doesn't want to get his hopes up too soon but he nods and smiles back genuinely. "I love you. Have fun."

"I love you too. I'll text you."

"Looking forward to it."

* * * * *
The first thing Harry sees when he walks into the Bureau's office causes him to stop in his tracks. Agents walk around him for two whole minutes while he stares back at Josh through the conference room glass wall. With a sharp breath through his teeth, Harry goes into the coffee room.
There's a small coffee machine with large light brown paper cups beside him, a box of doughnuts and a basket of chips. He gets black coffee and caps the paper cup before walking back out. Josh is still there, with Freddy and Abrams.
It makes him smirk around the rim of his cup as he walks to his desk, laughing softly at how funny all this is. He got a month in prison, a month away from his love, but now he's out here and they're in there. Maybe this life isn't so bad, and he needs to show gratitude before it's taken away.

He shoots off a text to Louis about this delightful news.

'Josh, Freddy and Abrams are here in cuffs.'

Louis sees the text after he's showered and gathering his textbooks in a small bag. He worries at first but figures that justice will prevail.

'You sound very pleased.'

Harry answers after Greene calls him to the conference room as well.

'I believe that is my right.'

After telling Zayn and Niall about this latest news, Louis tells Harry via text that he should not be getting distracted and locks his phone. Zayn laughs and Niall looks victorious like this accomplishment is his alone.
They get to uni on time for Niall and Louis' first lecture, before parting ways.