He didn't answer.

I shifted myself on the chair, feeling more comfortable when I found the footrest, placing my sore legs from standing the whole day.

"Do you want to continue this game?" He asked.

My eyes landed on the busy road where cars went past at high speeds. I chuckled lightly, almost bitter, "I'm tired, to be honest."

"Do you want to give him a second chance and see what happens?"

I stared up at the sky, not answering his question.

Do I?

"Do you miss him?" Young Do turned to me this time, watching my face for an answer that I might leak through my emotions.

I didn't face him, preferring to watch the sky, "I miss the old him."

A brief moment of silence went past before I spoke again, "It's as though he's someone else. I don't recognise him, the one who doesn't tell me the truth, the one who doesn't understand."

A sigh left his lips and I heard the chair creaked slightly when he leaned back harshly on the chair he sat on. "He called me, you know?"

I waited for him to continue, eyes focusing on the ripples in the mug of tea I held.

"I was angry and hung up on him but he called again, demanding that he know that you were at least fine now. He didn't ask to see you but said that when you were ready, he wants to meet and talk."

I scratched my nail on the smooth surface of the mug, making no sound at all as I continue to repeat the action. "Do you think I should go?"

He shrugged, "It's your decision, no matter what. I just want you to be happy even if I can't be the one to do that for you." I looked at him to see a sad smile hanging off his lips.

A wave of guilt flushed through me, here, a man who would do and give anything for me just like Kim Tan used to, yet I'm not able to give him the one thing he wants.

"Sorry," was all I could answer. If I was considering to end my marriage here, it doesn't mean I could tell him to wait for me. It doesn't work that way. I can't end something and try giving what I've given to another man. There are many girls out there who can give him what I can't, for what I feel for Young Do will never be more than a friend. It's unfair to him.

He laughed, "You should've apologised a long time ago when you captivated me with your charm, keeping me in your grasp without you knowing." He kept his eyes off me, looking out into the view like I was earlier.

I placed the mug down on the table and leaned back into the chair, bringing my knees close to my chest. "There are many other women out there, don't blame one fish for the whole ocean you missed." I said playfully, though guilt clear in my voice.

"Ah, the whole ocean." He shook his head before standing up, "Well, I should go, you should go back in soon, it's cold out here,"

I didn't miss the disappointed look on his face when he left.

--

"Aw, why is your shift always not with me, Doctor Cha?" So Hee, one of the nurses who was training under me at first when I returned, whined as she opened her locker which was behind me. Due to our conflicts in schedule, she had been assigned to another Doctor and Head Nurse instead.