Chapter 2

*Eun Sang's POV*
I flipped through the files on my desk while sipping on my coffee mug.

I haven't spoke to Kim Tan since last night, this morning, he was gone before I woke up again.

Which was strange since he usually wakes up at 8 a.m. but he's been heading out before 7 a.m.

I sighed, going back to the previous page to revise what I've missed because of my thoughts.

My attention was diverted again when I heard someone knocking on my door.

"Come in." I said, closing the file and placing it aside. "Did you get the documents, Nurse Im?" I asked, arranging the files properly on the side.

I frowned, "Nurse Im-" The words paused in my mouth as I stared at the visitor in my office.

He smirked, "Miss me?"

A smile broke onto my face when I realised who it was, "Choi Young Do." I stood up from my chair and walked over to him, "It's been a long time."

He looked around my office, "Indeed. Look at you, Cha Eun Sang, you're a legit 'New Money" now." He teased, reminding me of the past when the kids used to asked transfer students if they were New Money or Social Care Group.

I rolled my eyes, "Geumanhae. (Stop it.) What are you doing here? Aren't you in the US, I last heard from Chan Young that you were expanding Zeus Hotel there and was planning to stay there for another year."

He chuckled, "Woah, what is this? You're having an interest in me?"

I hit his arm with my fist, causing him to groan in pain.

He rubbed the sore area in pain, "Have you started working out? Damn, you're strong."

I smiled in satisfaction, "When did you come back?"

"I came back yesterday. Lee Bo-Na told me that you were working in the hospital here so I decided to pay an old flame a visit." He grinned, placing his arm over me.

"Yah. What old flame?" I smacked his arm off.

He fake-pouted, "Did you forget? Our lovely memories together?"

I pretended to think, "Oh I remember, the time when I rejected you. Wasn't that moment lovely?"

He let out a small laugh, "You've gotten wittier, Cha Eun Sang. Why don't we continue our talk over lunch, since I came all the way here to look at you."

------

*Author's POV*

"Here's your noodles, mashigedeuseyo (Enjoy it deliciously)" The ahjumma said, setting down the two bowls.

Young Do inhaled strongly, "I miss the noodles here." He reached for the chopsticks while Eun Sang just smiled in response.

He dug in, blowing off the steam coming from the white strands before placing them in his mouth.

Her eyes roamed around the place, "This place hadn't changed much for the past 8 years, has it?" She said, her slender finger grazing her handwriting on the wall where many have wrote over.

I will eat noodles with Choi Young Do - Cha Eun Sang

"It's still here." Young Do said, raising his brows slightly with a smirk.

She rolled her eyes jokingly about to take a bite of the noodles when she felt a sharp pain. She winced, holding onto her abdomen that had been hurting around the same timing almost everyday.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Young Do asked concernedly, placing down the chopsticks on the table.

She shook her head, "A-aniya" She squeezed her eyes shut from the pain which had worsened over time.

Young Do immediately got up, "Get up, I'm taking you to the hospital."

Before she could protest, he carried her bridal style to his car.

------

"You're a doctor, how can a doctor like you not eat proper meals and develop gastric problems." Young Do nagged, watching as she ate her medication in her office after she insisted on returning back there. "Does Kim Tan know about this?"

Eun Sang only shook her head, "It's fine, it's nothing."

"Did something happen between you and Kim Tan?" He asked.

"You should get going now, I have to get back to work after this." She said, eyes avoiding his as she walked him out.

Young Do ran his fingers through his hair, "Yah-" He got cut off by the ringing of Eun Sang's phone.

"I have to go now." She looked at him for a brief second before walking off in the opposite direction.

He stared in disbelief of the girl he once liked and still love even till now. Whenever Kim Tan was mentioned, her eyes would glimmer ever so slightly, yet earlier, she was avoiding the topic the moment Kim Tan was mentioned.

Young Do started his car, putting on his shades, "It's time to visit an old friend."

-----

*Kim Tan's POV*

I signed the last document on my desk, carefully examining the details for the partnership with Jeguk Group.

The ringing of the phone interrupted my thoughts. I removed my reading glasses, bringing the phone up to my ear.

"Mr Kim, you have a visitor-"

"Tell them that I do not want to see anyone at the moment." I ordered, placing the phone back to where it was.

Just a few seconds later, there were some ruckus outside my office.

"Sir, you can't enter-"

The door burst open, revealing Choi Young Do. My secretary bowed, "Sorry sir, I tried to stop him but-"

I dismissed her, "It's fine. You may go."

I looked at the man in front of me, a smirk etched on his lips as usual.

He took a seat on the chair and removed his shades, "Wah, look at this." He commented, examining my office. "Kim Tan, chairman of Gem Co." He blew a low whistle at the name plate made of platinum.

"What are you doing here?" I asked without a hint of welcoming in my tone.

"Why so grumpy?" He chuckled without any humor. "I've came back after 4 years from the US and this is what you first say when you see me? Ah... You're too cruel." He placed his hand on his heart.

"Don't you and Eun Sang have lunch together daily?" He asked out of the blue.

I crossed my arms, "If you're not here for business, then would you please send yourself out." I opened a new file, reading through the first paragraph.

"Since you're busy now, we'll talk another day then." He got up but stopped at the door, "I hope you remember the promise you've made."

"What promise-" The closing of the door cut me off.