Chapter 7: Sweet Child O' Mine

~Vic's POV~

"How does it feel, bro!?" Mike asked as he put a can of blue paint into the basket.

"It's... unimaginable, man," I looked at him and the others. "Like one minute you can be this guy who is famous and loves the feeling of his fans screaming out their pain into the song as he jams on his guitar with his buddies by his side... then the next he can be that guy at home alone, getting a phone call that he is a father. Life can change in a split-second, I just wish I was there when she was born, from day one.”

"Don't beat yourself over that, man, it sucks that you didn’t get the chance to be there for your daughter when she was born, but you got her now, and you better not let her go,” Jaime said, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah," I replied, grabbing the black chalk paint.

"Something bothering you?" Tony asked.

"I just wish I knew what happened between her and her mother, I wish I knew her past. I want to know everything about my daughter and it just sucks that I didn't get to help her ride her first bike or see her take her first steps.”

"It takes time, Vic," he smiled." Patience my young padawan!" Tony said, smiling. I chuckled at his comment as we made our way to pay for the paint.

"Well, Mr. Fuentes, you are now the father of a beautiful girl, so you have to protect her and make sure no douche bags try to get into her pants and no groupies for you. My niece deserves better than that and so do you," Mike said as he put his elbow on my shoulder.

"Mike, I don't even do that. I am going to protect my girl from all the dangers in the world, gonna keep her locked in a tower and have her be daddy's little girl all her life," I looked at Mike with a serious face.

"Wait, are you serious?" Tony asked, his eyes wide.

"No! Well, not the tower thing, but the protecting thing, I was serious about," I said, shaking Mike's elbow off my shoulder. "Not gonna let anything bad happen to my little girl," I said as I paid for the paint. Nothing will hurt her, not on my watch.