Chapter 5

March 8/2018

Standing in front of my full-length mirror I smiled at the outfit I had picked for myself today. I wanted to look a little nicer then I have in the past couple months simply because I felt really good today. So I had put on some light ripped skinny maternity jeans, a black and white striped off the shoulder t-shirt, as well as some black slips on booties. I was really happy with how I looked. Baby bump in all.

Grabbing the little black Kate Spade purse, my Grandparents had given to me for my sixteenth birthday, out of my closet. Grabbing my matching wallet out of my other purse I put it into the other purse. My Dad had also gotten me a Kate Spade wallet for my sixteenth birthday so that's something really special I always keep with me. But I usually only ever use the purse for special things.

Standing in front of the mirror again I quickly applied some simple natural looking makeup and a cute light pink gloss to my lips. I also brushed back my ash brown hair and put half of it up and left the other half down, one of my favourite styles lately. Once I was happy with my outfit for the day I grabbed my black sunglasses off the top of my dressed and then grabbed my backpack and purse dan headed out of my room and downstairs.

Dad had left yesterday night for a weekend conference things so I was here alone. Dropping all my stuff on the dining table I walked into the kitchen to make some breakfast. Grabbing two packs of high protein instant oatmeal, I also grabbed a cereal bowl. Mixing in some milk I put the oatmeal into the microwave and turned it on, then I went over to make a nice mug of hot chocolate. While I was waiting for the oatmeal to finish I threw a few snacks into my backpack since I've been extra snacks lately.

After finishing my breakfast I headed into the garage where I had parked my car last night. Setting my purse and backpack on the passenger seat. Backing out of the garage and onto the street I made sure the garage door closed before driving off towards the school. Today I get to leave after the third period since I have one of my last ultrasound appointments before the baby is born, it could be my last but I could still have another on depends on how things go in the coming weeks. Parking my car I head into the school to meet up with Isabelle at my locker before we headed off to English class.

"Morning Ana"

"Moring Belle"

"You're looking like on hot Mama today"

"Why thank-you, I was feeling fancy today so I tried to look it"

"You for sure look good, I mean yesterday you wore sweats and a shirt that was way too big"

"Thanks for that confidence boost"

"Love you"

"Mhm"

Walking into English class Isabelle and I each put our latest assignments on the teacher's desk before heading back to our seats. Sitting down I quickly started writing the note that was up on the chalkboard down. Isabelle was talking about how her moving had gone and I just listened nodding along as I wrote down the note on the chalkboard.

Sitting in English our teacher read the next chapter in the book and I kept squirming in my seat somewhat uncomfortable, thanks to the baby doing flips and stuff. I tried rubbing my tummy to calm the baby down but it didn't seem to be working so I just closed my eyes and took some deep breaths that usually calm the baby down when I need it to be calm.

"I hate that we don't have seconds period together Ana"

"Well I may have thought about taking gym had I not been so pregnant"

"You never would have taken gym"

"Very true, but I can still pretend"

"I mean I guess you can if you want to"