We go our separate ways to the two cars, Scott and Mitch seemingly having the address already pulled up.

"Do you want us to interrogate him if you're not done?" Scott and Mitch ask.

"Nah, wait for me."

Kevin, Avi, and I get into the car, Avi and I in the front with Kevin in the back.

"Great, I'm stuck with the lovebirds over here," Kevin laughs. Just to spite him, Avi and I hold hands.

---

After we get back to the building, I head over to see Stephenson. He ended up being stuck with a particularly tricky murder, but I simply pointed out a few facts and he figured it out.

Apparently I'm the only smart person in this office he can tolerate. We've high key become best friends.

I head back to find Avi sitting in Kevin's desk, still talking to Kevin. He roles his chair over to face me.

"Hi, Love."

"What did Steph need?" Kevin asks.

"Just a weird murder case. Needed a different set of eyes."

"Fun," Kevin replies.

"Very fun," Avi agrees, pulling me to his lap. I laugh at him and Kevin walks away.

"I cannot believe you two," he mutters to himself.

"You look great today," Avi laughs.

"Thanks, babe. Are Scott and Mitch here yet?"

"Yeah, they got here like ten minutes after we did. They're out getting lunch, I think. I told them you'd probably be done after they got back.

I nod and get up off of Avi's lap only to see Scott and Mitch walking in the door with all of our usual orders from McDonald's.

"Hi," Scott greets, walking in with a cup from McDonald's and Mitch following behind him.

"Hi, where's our robber?"

"Uh, I told him to just wait in the interrogation room. There's a security guard outside the door but otherwise I figure it's fine."

"You left a criminal alone with a single security guard while you went and got lunch?"

"I got you lunch, too."

I sigh and roll my eyes as I take the bag he hands me.

"We can eat later, we need to interview the robber," I say, eating a fry out of the bag and then closing it again.

"Kirst," Avi groans, elongating the r.

I glance over at him to see him practically begging, and I give in.

"You all have ten minutes to eat," I sigh.

---

After a fast ten minutes, we all head to the interrogation room. Considering Scott and Mitch brought him in, I let them go in the room.

Scott opens the door first, letting Mitch go in before him. I tell the security guard he's good to go considering there's probably not much he could do during an interrogation.

"Wh- Kirst?"

I step into the room to see an unexpected sight.

Eric is sitting there, dead.

"Kev?" I ask, and he comes into the room.

"Wh- wow. Was he alive when y'all brought him in?"

"No Kevin, we brought in a dead body without telling you guys he was dead," Mitch says, rolling his eyes.