Chapter 1 - The New Future

AN/ Hey guys! This is my first story and I decided to do one about time travel. I will try to update frequently and leave a comment if you have any suggestions. Thanks for reading. I DO NOT OWN NARUTO

——————————

Naruto's pov
I looked around to see that Madara Uchiha successfully wiped out everyone but five people, including myself. I never thought that after all we have been through, we would see our comrades lay dead after fighting for so long and sacrificing everything. DAMNIT! I kicked the dirt at my feet in anger, wishing that I was able to save everyone. I decided to walk to the only tree remaining in sight to see two people talking amongst themselves. "What a drag, I never thought things could get this bad, we may have successfully killed Madara Uchiha, but look at what it costed us." Shikamaru said staring down and the ground with pain in his eyes. "I know what you mean, look at what is left, it's horrible." Gaara walked towards them and sat down.
"Don't be so gloomy Sasuke, they died as brave shinobi and they have our respect. We can't do anything about it now unfortunately. Now, I know we all feel awful after all of this but we have to keep moving forward." Gaara said as he looked up to see Naruto. "Oh hey Naruto."

Kit, just talk to him alright. Alright, alright fine Kurama but do you not realize what we all just witnessed? I am aware, now talk to him I want to speak with you all, now. Sheesh fine. "Hey Gaara, can I talk to you and everyone else for a moment?"

"Alright." Everyone nodded their heads and followed me to the campfire where Sakura was already waiting. "So what did you want to talk about Naruto?" Shikamaru asked as he sighed.

"Well actually, Kurama wanted to talk to everyone. Now I have no clue what the fur ball wanted to say but it seemed important." Hey! Don't call me that! A puff of smoke came out of nowhere right in front of Naruto. Once it cleared a tiny fox could be seen. Alright, I know you all have been through a lot and I can't stand seeing everyone sulk their lives away, so when I was younger I was shown this jutsu that allows the person doing it to take people back in time. Now I know this seems unrealistic, but fortunately it works but only once, after that the castors memory gets wiped of the knowledge so they can never cast it again. I looked around to see everyone with a twinkle of hope in their eyes and my eyes probably went as big as the moon. "So you can really do that fox?" Sasuke asked in a doubtful tone. It's Kurama you brat! But yes, I can do it but it's unstable so who knows what time we will be sent to. I jumped up and yelled, "LETS DO THIS!" And everyone jumped up to except Sasuke of course.

Alright then, everyone stand in a circle with me in the middle, I will be casting the jutsu. But be wary, I don't know what will happen but it's the best we got. Shikamaru smirked and Sakura was grinning. We all looked at Kurama then everything went black.

Third person pov

"W-what the!" A Naruto with a high pitched voice said as he opened his eyes. He began to look around and stood up, only to find out that he was in his apartment and at the edge of his bed, wobbling. "AHH!" Naruto screamed and his face landed harshly on the floor. "Jeez w-wait how did I get into my apartment?" Naruto signed and walked up to his mirror. "W-wait I was in a circle surround Kura-.. Oh, ohh, OHHH! It worked!" Naruto said as he was observing himself in the mirror. "What year is it?!" He ran to his calendar to realize it was the week before he started the academy. He shook his head and ran out the door as quickly as possible, to find Shikamaru standing in front of him. "S-SHIKAMARU?! HEY!" Naruto began to whisper after his outburst. "So you have your memory still too, huh. I wonder if the evil Sakura and mean Sasuke have their as well." Naruto shivered hoping that Sakura wasn't anywhere nearby as he was scared of her ever since she beat him up after finding out he said something about her forehead to Sasuke.

"Yeah, what a drag though, I was hoping I would forget everything but oh well." As Shikamaru said that Naruto looked behind him to see an angry Sakura and a Sasuke being dragged by his collar. "NARUTOOO!" Sakura yelled at the top of her lungs.

——————————

AN/ I hope you enjoyed this first chapter.