Vol.2 Ep.7

Ruby: Yeah, she said she didn't have time to worry about boys or something like that.

Onyx: That's.... weird, she seemed crazy for Neptune. Why didn't she asked him instead?

Ruby: I don't know. Speaking of weird, why are you wearing a glove, much less one glove.

Onyx: Hmm? Oh, this? (Ruby pointing at the said glove on his right hand.) Oh, nothing I figured it suits well with the tux, don't you think?

Ruby: Yeah, it sure does. But----

Onyx: Anyway, what do you wanna do now then?

Ruby: Huh? Oh! Um.... Well, Yang and Lapis are up on the second floor. We could go talk to them?

Onyx: Great idea.

As Onyx and Ruby headed up to the second floor, Ruby can't help but wonder at how blunt Onyx may have suddenly become. Thinking it was just her, she just decided to set it aside. The second floor actually gave a clear view of the entire dance hall, and they saw all the people dancing and having fun down there. For some reason, Onyx found Yuki carrying a full length zipped protective cover for dresses over her shoulder as she makes her way up the stairs leading to the balcony outside. Yang and Lapis saw Ruby and Onyx, and waved towards them.

Lapis: Hey guys!

Onyx: Hi. So, what are you two doing up here?

Yang: Nothing much. Just admiring at how awesome I made this party.

Lapis: You mean 'We', right?

Yang: Meh...

Lapis: You're kidding right?

Onyx: all of us did a great job planning it Lapis.

Lapis: Thanks.

-----Meanwhile-----

Jaune: Hey, Pyrrha.

Up in the balcony, Pyrrha slowly turns around to face him. Unbeknownst to them, Yuki is eavesdropping on them as she hides completely out of sight from the entrance of the balcony.

Pyrrha: Hello, Jaune.

Jaune takes a couple of small steps as he approaches the red-haired lass.

Jaune: Are you okay? I haven't seen you tonight.

She turns away from Jaune as she turns back to the balcony.

Pyrrha: Arrived late, I'm afraid.

Jaune: Well, you look really nice.

Pyrrha raises her hand near her mouth, completely flattered by his compliment.

Pyrrha: Thank you.

Jaune: Your, uh, date isn't going to beat me up for saying that, is he?

Pyrrha: I think you're safe for tonight.

Something about the way she said that, made Yuki feel a bit off. Jaune continues his question as he begins rubbing his hands.

Jaune: So, where is the guy?

Pyrrha turns back toward Jaune, her head sinking in melancholy.

Pyrrha: There is no guy.

Jaune chuffs nervously as he can't believe of what he just heard, neither did Yuki.

Jaune: Wh-What?

Yuki: (Whispers) What?!

Jaune: But that's... (Gesturing toward her) You're Pyrrha Nikos! H-How could nobody ask you?!

Pyrrha: I've been blessed with incredible talents and opportunities. I'm constantly surrounded by love and praise, but when you're placed on a pedestal like that for so long, you become separated from the people that put you there in the first place.

Yuki: I guess, Onyx can relate a bit there.

Pyrrha: Everyone assumes I'm too good for them. That I'm on a level they simply can't attain. It's become impossible to form any sort of meaningful relationship with people. That's what I like about you. When we met, you didn't even know my name. You treated me just like anyone else. And thanks to you, I've made friendships that will last a lifetime. I guess, you're the kind of guy I wish I was here with. Someone who just saw me for me.

Pyrrha looks at Jaune and then walks away while Jaune simply stares in astonishment.

Jaune: W-Wai-!

Jaune watches as Pyrrha turns a corner. Yuki leans back from her hiding spot completely to avoid being seen by an incoming Pyrrha before Neptune comes in next on the balcony, who starts gesturing toward Jaune.

Neptune: Hey, uh, Jaune, right?

Jaune: (Sighs) yeah.

Neptune: This party's pretty lame, huh? I mean, ballroom dancing. Pfft.

Yuki: (In head) Okay, so he doesn't like ballroom dancing. That might be why he didn't go with Weiss, but why did he still go?

Jaune: Yeah.

Jaune looks back out over the balcony.

Neptune: (Gesturing back to the dance) Cute girls, though, huh?

Jaune: (Growls as he turns back to Neptune, gesturing) Is that all you think about?

Neptune: Huh?

Jaune: Do you even care about the girls you're hitting on? How they feel about you?

Neptune: Whoa! (Throwing his palms up) Where's this coming from?

Jaune: (Opening his arms wide) How could you just turn her down like that?

Neptune: Wait, h-who?

Jaune: Weiss!

Neptune: I, uh... it, uh... it just didn't work out, you know?

Jaune: What? You think that you're too cool, too many other options? Weiss Schnee asked you to the dance. What in the world could possibly keep you from go-

Neptune: (Looking shamefully at the ground) I can't dance!

Yuki look on with horror as she can't seem to believe at what Neptune had just said.

Jaune: (Calmly) Beg your pardon?

Neptune: I can't dance, man!

Jaune: But... you're so cool!

Neptune: Thank you. I try really, really hard.

Jaune: You would rather break a girl's heart and go to a dance alone than just admit to everyone that you can't move in rhythm to music?

Neptune: That about sums it up, yeah.

Jaune: Well, I certainly feel a lot better about myself.

Neptune: (Raising his palms) Please don't tell anybody. Look, if you want Weiss, she's all yours. I don't wanna get in your way.

Jaune turns back towards Neptune, placing his palms on the stone banister.

Jaune: Do you like her?

Neptune: Yeah, I mean I don't know her too well yet, but she seems pretty cool.

Jaune: Then just go talk to her. No pickup lines, no suave moves, just be yourself. I've heard that's the way to go. (He crosses his arms) Plus it can't go wrong if it comes...

He began walking towards Neptune as points at his chest at where his heart is.

Jaune: ..... From this. And not with this (Pointing at his head)

Neptune: Yeah, but then-

Jaune: Hey! You don't have to look cool all the time. In all honesty, if you could be a little less cool, I'd really appreciate it.

Neptune looks relented a bit before he finally considers Jaune's advice.

Neptune: Yeah, okay.

Jaune: Go talk to her. I guarantee it'll make her night.

Neptune: Thanks. You're a really cool guy, Jaune.

Neptune approaches Jaune, holding his fist out for a bump.

Jaune: Alright, don't lie to my face.

The two of them bump fists and Neptune walks away. Taking the cue, Yuki walks out of her hiding spot and walk into the balcony carrying a dress cover over her shoulder.

Jaune: (Sighs) All right, only one thing left to do.

Yuki: Correct.

Jaune turns to see her leaning on the balcony railing.

Jaune: What?! How...?

Yuki zipped the cover open before pulling out a blue prom dress with a ribbon on the waistline, a mischievous grin plastered on Yuki's face.

Yuki: I believe someone said they were going to wear a dress, if a certain someone didn't get a date?

Jaune: Wait, you heard that?!

Yuki: I heard every single word of what you two talked about during that one particular night up in the roof of the dormitory building.

Yuki throws the dress at Jaune, and he catches it with ease.

Yuki: So, how about you go talk to her. I guarantee it'll make her night. If you know what I mean? Also thanks Onyx for the dress.

Yuki winked at Jaune, who groans at the reverse psychology Yuki did, before walking back inside, with her hand behind her back in a fashion order.

-----Meanwhile-----

Back to Onyx and the others, Lapis and Yang leans on the handrail and overlooks the festivities from a second tier as Onyx and Ruby approaches the both of them, with Onyx sipping punch from his cup, and began leaning on the rail as well.

Yang: You know? I think we really needed this.

Nina and Sun are slow dancing while Ren and Nora appear to be Waltzing. You see Penny to be dancing alone, guarded by two Atlas Soldiers.

Ruby: Yeah, and you and the others really did a great job planning it!

Yang: Aw, thanks!

Yang then playfully crushing Ruby into a headlock and hugged her with her one arm, making Onyx laugh a bit as Ruby struggled to break free flailing her arms frantically.

Yang: It wasn't all me, though. Weiss did a lot too.

Onyx: Okay, don't kill her.

Ruby stops struggling and looks down at Weiss. Neptune approaches and rubs his neck nervously. Weiss invites him to sit with her, which the blue-haired guy did, making the young heiress pull her seat closer to him. Yuki walked in the center of the dance floor for some reason, before looking up at Onyx and the others. Yuki smiles and nods at Lapis for some reason, the latter's face beams up in happiness, much to Onyx and the other's confusion.

Onyx: What's going on?

Lapis: You'll see~ And while you guys are at it, keep an eye out for Jaune.

With that final note, she gave them all a wink before disappearing down the stairs. They stood next to each other, looking down at the party hall. Yang lets out a small sigh before continuing the conversation.

Yang: Tomorrow its back to work

Onyx: Can't be helped.

Ruby: Well, I'm sure we can handle anything thrown at us.

Suddenly, Onyx heard the sound of laughter from the other students. Onyx looked around for the cause, and spotted Jaune, who was, for some reason, in a dress, prompting Onyx to choke and gag on his drink.

Ruby: Except for that

Onyx: Is he actually that brave?!

Before Onyx know it, he began laughing loudly. Ruby and Yang joined in soon after, and they were all booming with laughter at the site of Jaune, wearing a girly dress. They eventually calmed down, when Onyx heard the sudden change of music to become something more like pop-ish with a mix of retro. He then saw, much to his surprise, Lapis on the DJ booth with Yuki, Nate, and Nina, and the whole members of Team JNPR dancing in synchronize with each other to the song.

Onyx: Oh, I am clearly not missing this! Ruby, we're going down there too!

Ruby: WHAT?! Oh no. Not agaaaiiiiin~!

Once again, Onyx grabbed Ruby's hand and began rushing down towards the dance floor.

Yang: Have fun, you two!

Onyx rushed down to the hall, dragging Ruby behind, and began dancing to the new song that was playing. Ruby was reluctant at first, but then began to join in as well.

Onyx: There you go! Now you're doing it, Rubes!

Onyx and Ruby then danced to the song together. Onyx knows how to dance to most genres of music. As for the others, Jaune and Pyrrha continue to dance, Ren and Nora do some kind of disco dance, Sun, Yuki, Blake, Nate and Nina join the mix, and Penny and an Atlas guard are showing doing the "robot".

-----Timeskip-----

After the whole dancing event, they went to take a sit, but Ruby, having made her way to the exit, walks out of the dance and into the night air. Onyx was taking a seat with some of his friends as team LYNN still went off to the dance. Onyx began looking around the room to see Ruby near the door as she seemed to very focused on something outside.

Onyx: (In head) What is she looking at?

Then out of nowhere, she suddenly runs off into the cold night. Onyx excused himself as he made his way outside and look around. He couldn't see her, but she couldn't have gotten far. Suddenly, he heard a distant crash, just loud enough for him ears to pick up. He ran into the direction of the sound, only to find the source of the sound at the base of the CCT Tower. Ruby's locker was planted in the ground, open, and her weapon was missing.

Onyx: She really needs to stop getting into trouble.

Onyx contacted Yuki via Scroll to get help and flew straight up to the tower by using sand to make stairs. As the flurry of sand floated upwards, a white glove floats down into the solid ground.

-----Meanwhile-----

Yuki was having another conversation with General Ironwood, when suddenly, her Scroll beeped, surprising them both. She excused herself before she quickly took it out and read the message on it.
_________________________________

Onyx: There's something going on here in the CCT Tower. They took out the security! Ruby's inside. Try bringing in some help if you can! And hurry!

_________________________________

Yuki: What?!

Ironwood: What is it. Ms. Bluegoat?

Yuki: Onyx said that someone has broken into the CCT Tower. They even took out the guards.

Ironwood: What?!

Yuki: I'm not gonna repeat what I said, General. My friends are in trouble.

She was about to rush off to call the rest of her team, but General Ironwood grabbed her by the arm, and halted her before she could.

Ironwood: Unless your idea is to cause a scene, I suggest you make it slightly less obvious, Ms. Yuki.

Ironwood then released the hold off of her arm and walked ahead of her. Yuki signaled the other girls to follow him, and they did so, but not before asking her what was going on, which Yuki explained understandably. After crossing the dance hall, they had all made it outside. Yuki, Nina, Nate and Lapis immediately took out their Scrolls, and called in their lockers with their weapons. After a couple of seconds, the lockers flew by and landed near them, and they grabbed their weapons.

Nina: We're ready

Ironwood: Very well then. Let's go.

They made their way over to the location Onyx gave to Yuki, and they eventually arrive outside the tower to see a couple of guards, lying unconsciously on the cold ground.

Nina: What the heck is going on here?

Lapis: Whatever this is, it can't be good.

Nate: Oh, I sure hope Ruby and Onyx are okay...

Ironwood: Stay alert, children. There could be more than one hostile.

-----Back to Onyx-----

Onyx finally got to the top floor, and saw Ruby fighting some woman, wearing what looks like black stealth gear, a catsuit to be precise. The woman spun around, and in a flurry of flames, two swords made of, what seems to look like glass, appear in her hands. That is when you intervened by crashing through the window, and sent a beam of sand towards the woman. Ruby looks relieved as she caught sight of Onyx.

Ruby: Onyx!

Onyx steps in between the two and take a defensive stance. He didn't realize it, but his gloved hand was actually exposed out towards the woman, showing her his marked palm, but he didn't care. He didn't want Ruby to get hurt. Onyx and the woman stared at each other for a moment, before she smiles smugly at the mark on his palm. She seemed to understand something about it as she looks quite interested in it. Then suddenly, Onyx heard the ding of the elevator, and Onyx and Ruby turned. General Ironwood was standing there along with team LYNN with their weapons drawn, needless to say, they were all relieved to know that Onyx and Ruby were fine. Onyx turn back to find that the woman had already escaped, while him and Ruby were distracted.

Onyx: Dang...

--END OF CHAPTER--