Vol.1 Ep.2

Onyx sitting at the commons of Beacon at 6:40 am and waiting for Ozpin. Glynda sees Onyx and walks to him.

Glynda: Why are you here at 6:40 in the morning?

Onyx: (Emotionless) Waiting for Ozpin.

Glynda: Why?

Onyx: (Emotionless) Look at what I'm sitting on and then look at my leg.

Glynda: Why are you chained to an anvil? And why are you dirty and wet?

Onyx: (Emotionless) Ozpin chained me to an anvil and drop me in the ocean. Then I climbed up here, and I started waiting for Ozpin. I have been here for 4 hours.

Glynda: 1st. Why did he drop you in the ocean chained to an anvil? 2nd. For 4 hours? 3rd. Do you want something to drink or eat?

Onyx: (Emotionless) 1st. It was a bet that I can get here before all the students, I won. 2nd. Yes. 3rd. Please and thank you.

Glynda: Donuts and apple juice?

Onyx: (Emotionless) Chocolate chip cookies and chocolate milk, please.

Glynda: I'll be back.

Onyx: (Emotionless) Thanks.

Glynda comes back to see Onyx sitting on the anvil, with a knocked-out Ozpin under it. Then notice the chain is broken and walk over.

Glynda: Here are your cookies and milk.

Onyx: Thank you. (gets up and more the anvil off of Ozpin) And here's your Ozpin.

Glynda gives Onyx the cookies and milk. Then picks up Ozpin with her semblance and takes him to the medical bay.

---A few hours later---

A particular ship land on the docks, and as soon as its hatch open, a tall, scraggly, blonde emerges out of the ship first and goes over to the nearest trash can, hunching over it as he loses whatever he had for lunch. Ruby, Yang, and several other students walk out of the ship and head down the path to the front of the school, ignoring the blonde throwing up his lunch. While heading down the path, Ruby and Yang take in the entire school in astonishment.

Ruby & Yang: Wow...

Yang: The view from vale got nothing on this!

Ruby: Oh my gosh Yang! That kid has a collapsible staff! (gasps) And she has a fire sword! (Tries getting closer, Then Yang pulls Ruby back by the hood) Ow! Ow! Oww!

Yang: Easy there, little sis. They're just weapons!

Ruby: Just weapons? They're an extension of ourselves! They're part of us! Oh, they're so cool.

Yang: Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?

Ruby: Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people, but better...

Yang: (Notice Ruby's gloomy expression, and then Yang playfully pulls Ruby's hood down over Ruby's face) Ruby, come on, why don't you go try to make some friends of your own?

Ruby: But... Why do I need friends if I have you?

Yang: Well... (Notice a familiar blue with a pink highlights-haired girl among the crowd of students and runs to the girl and give her a bear hug.) Nina!

Nina: I'm unable... To breathe...

Yang: (Notice Nina changing colors and let's go) Whoops!

-----Meanwhile-----