Vol.2 Ep.6

Onyx, team LYNN save for Yuki who was inside her dorm room, Ruby, Weiss and Yang are making their way inside the ballroom. While walking Onyx decided to walk closer to Ruby, about to ask her something.

Onyx: Ruby, there's... something I've been actually meaning to ask you about something.

Ruby tilts her head as she looks at him confusingly...

Ruby: What is it?

Onyx: This is kinda probably dumb, since we're going out and all, but do you want to... you know.. go to--"

Ruby suddenly giggles before he could even continue.

Ruby: You really are a dummy sometimes you know that? Of course I would love to go to the dance with you.

He was quite surprised at Ruby having to figure out what he wanted to say, but he was glad she accepted.

Ruby: Plus, there's no way I was going with anyone else.

Onyx: I was... just making sure you weren't planning on going out with some another guy, or something, since I didn't really ask you about it.

Ruby: You're really unpredictable, Onyx. I like that about you....

She say this as she grabs and leans into his arms, making him smile affectionately at her.

Onyx: Glad to hear it.

The conversation had ended with a comfortable silence. Lapis, Nate, and Nina looked behind to see what they were witnessing. They giggled amongst themselves as they made heart gestures with their fingers, making Onyx roll his eyes and Ruby blush in crimson red as her cloak. Onyx suddenly leaned in Ruby's ears and whispered:

Onyx: You know, I can't wait to see you in a dress tomorrow. I bet you'll look beautiful.

Ruby's face instantly flares up as she hears this and breaks her hold from Onyx.

Ruby: Wha--?! Wh-Wh-Where did that come from?!

Onyx laughed at his girlfriend's priceless expression.

Onyx: I was just thinking about it. Because.... you know. I always see you in that combat skirt of yours, with your scythe behind your waist. So, it is kind of nice to see you act like a.... Well, a normal girl.

Ruby: Hey, you're always in that hoodie of yours with your weapons strapped behind your back and on your sides. Plus, we are in a school to be trained on how to fight Grimm. So... You get what I mean.

Onyx: Haha... I guess so.

Before Onyx even know it, they have finally arrived at the ballroom. Onyx, Weiss, Lapis, Nina, Nate, and Yang were decorating. Onyx was thinking about what he was going to do about Pyrrha and Jaune as he decorated some part in the ballroom.

Lapis had confirmed Onyx's suspicions about Pyrrha liking Jaune by telling him last night, and Onyx didn't know what to do. Pyrrha likes Jaune, Jaune likes Weiss, and Weiss apparently has a date in-mind for the dance. It would be helpful if Jaune isn't so in love with Weiss. Despite her general iciness, Onyx could see why Jaune likes Weiss so much. She's pretty, gifted, and don't get even started with her voice.

After finishing his part, Onyx sat beside Ruby, who just sat glumly at the table, resting her head on her hand and staring into the distance before she's startled by someone slamming their palms on the table she's at..

Weiss: I need you to pick a tablecloth.

She slides two squares over to Ruby, both seeming to be similar shades of white, much to her partner's confusion.