Vol.1 Ep.5

A black bird is flying slowly and magnificently, up to the moment it gives a last shriek and Ruby crashes through it in a burst of feathers as she plummets downwards.

Ruby: Birdie, no!

She rids the bird off of her face, but the bird then plants itself on Onyx's face as he descended.

Onyx: Hey! Can't see!

Onyx tried removing the bird from his face, but only find himself smash into the ground making a huge crater.

Ruby: Sorry!

Ruby fires off a few rounds from Crescent Rose to slow her down, then turns the weapon into its scythe form to catch the branch of a tree in her blade and fall downwards at a slower pace.

Weiss, armed with Myrtenaster, summons a white snowflake circle under her and leaps from it to the forest below.

Ren descends as Nina sees Nora briefly being seen next to Ren at a faster speed, and spins in the air, eventually using StormFlower's blades to spiral around the trunk of a large tree and hit the ground, brushing off his clothes before looking up to see...

Yang: Woo-hooo! Yeah! Ally-oop!

Yang, soaring over the treetops, is using her gauntlets and its fiery force to push her through the air further and farther north, spinning and laughing with each blast, even when she crashes through the leaves of a tree and leaps off two trunks to tumble to the ground.

Yang: Nailed it! (runs off)

Meanwhile, with Pyrrha, her weapon in sword form and armed with a shield, crashes through several trees and rolls on a branch, immediately shifting her blade into a rifle and looking through the scope at Jaune as he continues to scream and fall helplessly. Pyrrha transforms her weapon again to its spear form, takes a moment to evaluate her throw, and rockets the javelin deep into the forest until a faint 'THUNK!' is heard.

Jaune: (in the distance) Thank you!

Pyrrha: (waving) I'm sorry!

Onyx already encountering Beowolves, who starts to surround him, growling at him. Onyx only smirks at himself before looking at them. A Beowolf lunges at him and Onyx jumps out of the way. He then dashes forwards, pulling out his sword Ice, then rapidly slicing the Grimm at an incredible pace in its torso, before cutting its head off clean from its neck, then do the same with the other Beowolves.

Onyx: well, now time to hunt some more Grimm.

-----Meanwhile-----

In the middle of the forest, Ruby lands in a crouch then dart off with a single mantra in her mind.

Ruby (thinking): Gotta find Yang! Gotta find Yang, gotta find Yang, gotta find... (shouting) Yang! Yaaaang! (internally, now seeing herself partnered with various people) Oh, this is bad, this is really bad... What if I can't find her? What if someone finds her first? Well, there's always Jaune. He's nice. He's funny! ... I don't think he's very good in a fight, though. There's Nina, so conscientious, so strong. I think? Yet, she hangs out a lot with Yang. What about Blake?! So mysterious, so calm... Plus she likes books! Then again, I'm not sure I'd be able to hold a conversation with her, plus the fact that--- Ugh! Well, there is Onyx. Very kind, well-built, those cute red eyes and... (shake her head of daydreams) Ugh! What am I saying?! Okay... Who else do I know in this school? There's Yang, Nina, Jaune, Blake, Onyx aaaand...

Time seems to slow down as Ruby skids to a halt in front of Weiss as she is turning to face her. She stops just in time for their eyes to meet, and a pause follows. This ends when Weiss turns on her heel and walks the other way.