Details

Louis POV

*the final chapter*

"Are you nervous?" I asked Harry, laughing as I guided him into the apartment. His eyes were shut and I had one arm draped around his waist to help guide him. We had picked the flat together, just a couple of weeks ago, but Harry let me decorate everything and pick out all the furniture. It was a big responsibility, but I loved designing and organizing things -- or at least I used to. And it was the perfect excuse to get back into my old passions. Plus I got a ton of writing out of the whole experience -- like which brands of paint were best and which decorations were most affordable. Hopefully it would help land me a job for a West Coast magazine in the near future.

Now, as I stood with Harry in the apartment doorway, it finally dawned on me that we were actually moving in together—for the second time in our lives. And if I was being honest, it was something that made me almost excited as it did nervous. Harry and I had been sort of living out of my apartment for the past two months, and it had been rather effortless and delightful, but actually having our own place in California was entirely different, and honestly, going through yet another location change was rather frightening to me. 

But Harry assured me that he would be here for me with whatever I needed. That he would make sure I was safe and comfortable, taken care of.  Of course he would. Because he was Harry. But I wanted to make sure Harry was taken care of too, which is why I had worked so hard on decorating the flat. 

"Okay, open!" I said giggling, admiring the paintings I had hung as we reached the foyer. I removed my arm from Harry's waist, and watched as he opened his eyes, the green orbs flashing quickly around the open space.

"This is incredible, Lou!" He said, looking around, his eyes widening with delight. The Tv room had a red, retro looking couch and a sleek clear coffee table to match, along with two powder pink arm chairs. To the right, the island kitchen was decorated with white finish, that I had picked out and added myself, and the the fridge had little photos and magnets on it from our trips and travels. Around the corner, I arranged some paintings, one of a sunflower and another of a street in London.

"Oh my gosh, you even kept this magnet I gave you from Florida?" Harry giggled, as he jogged around the kitchen looking at the decorations I had arranged. His long giraffe legs looked hilarious as they bounced around the tiny cream-colored kitchen, and I could just imagine him wearing the 'kiss the chef' apron I had bought him a few weeks ago as he whipped up his famous lemon pancakes or chicken pot pie. 

"Of course I kept it, love. Now, let's go to the bedroom, yeah?" I asked, tugging at his arm. That was the room I had worked the hardest on and I wanted Harry to see it so badly, I could hardly wait. 

"Trying to get in my pants, Tommo?" Harry quipped, sending me a sexy look. I bit my lip seductively. "Maybe," I laughed. Over the past few months, i have really been getting my personality back... my sassy, fun loving persona slowly overtaking the cold, bitter front I had put on to cope with mums death.

Chuckling, Harry jogged past me and headed down the corridor to the bedroom. I followed behind, admiring his bum as he scurried into the master suite.

"Oh. My. God," Harry squeaked as he walked into the room. Harry's favorite color was powder blue, and he had always begged me for a nautical theme room back when we were dating the first time around. I always said no because I thought it was too cheesy, and honestly, I wasn't the biggest fan of soft colors.