Sins

Lou's POV

I didn't even think before I kissed him. We were hugging for so long, our bodies pressed against each other for the first time in what felt like ages. And for once in my life, my mind felt completely blank, turned off, empty.

The walk here had been full of nothing but overthinking and anxiety. I walked past Harry's block three times, each time telling myself it was a bad idea and that I shouldn't do it. Each time, turning back around to try again. When I finally got myself through the doorway and into the elevator, I thought I was going to die. My heart was beating so fast I might as well have just run the New York Marathon and my legs were shaking more than a Chihuahua in the snow.

But when I finally worked up the courage to knock on his door -- and when we finally came face to face -- nothing else mattered. I had been so afraid that he wouldn't want to see me, that he wouldn't like my new body, that he would be downright done with me. But when I saw his face, and green met blue, my body took over and I grabbed him, pulling him into a hug that seemed to explain more than I could ever imagine putting into words.

The hug said: I'm sorry. It said I know I fucked up. It said I missed you. It said I love you, I still do and I always have. It said I'm better. Not 100%, but getting there. It said I'm happier now. It said I'm whole.

Harry's strong chest had never felt so good as it did that day, pressed against me as our arms intertwined. It felt like time had stopped as we stood there, embracing, communicating in this secret language that no one else seemed to know but us.

But eventually, I craved more. I wanted more. I needed him scent, his skin. His body. Leaning onto my tiptoes, I reached up and brought our lips parallel to each other. Instead of kissing him though, I lingered there for a moment, taking him in. His soft green eyes, his floral cologne, the tiny traces of stubble growing back in after a recent shave. His plush pink lips. Everything about him was.... perfect.

Harry made the first move, bringing his mouth to mine. The first bit of contact was the most blissful. I hadn't been intimate with Harry in ages, and suddenly, memories of what we once had came flushing back. Kissing Harry wasn't just kissing -- it was trusting it was loving, it was connecting.

I pushed my lips against his, allowing my tongue to slowly trace the inside of his mouth. As if on cue, his tongue began to brush against mine, sending shivers down my spine, and I deepened the kiss, simultaneously running my hands through his long curls. Harry responded by grabbing me by the waist, swirling his tongue, and pulling me closer.

Normally, this type of touch would make me uncomfortable. Even when Lottie hugged me, I wouldn't let her get remotely close to my waist. But with Harry, I was letting my walls down, I was opening up to him and showing him everything that I was -- that I am -- without fear of embarrassment.

Because as we connected like this, as he held me tightly, running his hands up and down my torso, I knew that he loved me unconditionally. I knew that he didn't care about my insecurities or flaws, that they were just worries of mine that I had been projecting onto him. And most importantly, I knew that he was mine.

"I love you," I whispered, pulling away for a second to take a breath.

"Love you too," Harry responded, placing one hand on the arch of my back. I shivered, as small tingles passed down my back. Leaning forward, I continued to kiss him, chewing on his lower lip a little as we made out. I knew he liked it rough.

"Fuck, Lou," Harry moaned into my mouth. His eyes were closed and his lips were parted, and I knew now that neither of us could resist. I pushed Harry towards the door frame -- an act which surprised us both, because I finally had the strength to do that now -- but I felt him resist.

"No... Lou.." he said, a hint of worry in his voice. I raised an eyebrow, unsure what he was getting out. And that's when I heard footsteps approaching the doorway.

"Who was it mate? You've been out a while!" Niall called, jogging to the door. When he saw Harry and I in the doorway, his long arms still tangled around me, and both of our lips red from passionate kissing, he rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"I will get my stuff and get out," he said shortly. He shot Harry a sympathetic look and then looked at me with a small glare.

Coming down from the high of our dizzying kiss, I quickly began to realize that Niall didn't support this relationship -- and that Harry probably hadn't either up until I got here and bewitched him with my pheromones.

Fuck, I hadn't even offered an apology -- I just started kissing him.

"Honestly, no it's okay. I'll go. I came unannounced," I said, stepping out of Harry's grip and going to grab my backpack.

Harry grabbed my arm. "No, don't go. Lou. Please, I want you to stay, "he said, his voice raising an octave. He ran a hand through his hair in frustration, giving Niall a look that sort of said 'dude, not cool!'

Niall sighed and nodded, heading back into the TV room to get his stuff. Honestly, I don't ever remember Niall having a problem with me and Harry together. He had even begged Harry to stay in New York too when he was thinking of leaving for California, and we had always been friends. But I guess after what happened between Harry and I in London, he wasn't my biggest fan anymore. And I couldn't blame him.

But what I wanted to show Harry -- and Niall too if I have to -- was that I was different now. Is that what I did then is not reflective of what I will do now moving forward with my life. It was my rock bottom, my lowest moment. And I would be damned if I let people make judgments on me based on that.

"Lou," Harry said as I followed him into the apartment. "I'm proud of you." His eyes were sparkling as he said it, and he patted me playfully on the shoulder. I could tell he was unafraid now -- that he wasn't scared to hurt me anymore. My disease had taken so much from me, but it had also taken so much from Harry, making it hard for him to even get close to me without worrying.

"Thank you, babe," I said, smiling and melting into his strong arms. "Worked hard."

"I know you did," he replied, planting a kiss on my forehead. I missed those forehead kisses. He would give them to me in the hospital sometimes when he thought I was sleeping. I never was, but I loved them all the same, though I would never tell him that at the time.

"Please, use your judgment. Both of you. There's no need to rush into things," Niall said as he headed to the door. "You've both been through a lot."

Harry and I both looked at him and nodded quickly, watching together as he exited the flat. When we returned out gaze to each other, a wave of guilt washed over me. Niall had a point. We had both been through a lot, and we couldn't ignore that.

Or could we?