I look behind him and catch a glimpse of my mom, her fingers intertwined with the mans bigger and longer ones with a wide smile spread on her face.

She look so happy, happier than with dad I seen her.

And that sent a pang in my chest.

"Hi, you must be y/n" the man smile talking to me in fluent English and shows off his pearly white teeth that's useful for a toothpaste commercial.

"Yes." I said coldly, completely ignoring the fact that I'm being rude towards him when he's being kind.

I know I shouldn't be rude, I'm just not in the mood right now.

I didn't even moved on from my father's death yet and I already have to move in with my mother who left me and his new husband, everything happening is overwhelming.

The man let out a breath but keep the smile on his face trying to be nice.

"y/n! Be nice" Mom scolded giving me a look that I just shrugged.

"I'm Kim Haneoul" he stick his hand infront of me to grasp but I just stare at it intently, when he notice that I had no any plan of taking it soon.

He draw his hand back and shove it on his pocket instead. The smile on his face was still there.

"Where's my room?" I take my gaze off him and look around, asking with no emotion laced in my tone.

"Upstairs, the second door at the right corner" I heard mom said, disappointment audible in her voice as she spoke, but I didn't careless. 

I didn't utter a word as I walk in, walking pass them and head upstairs dragging my suitcase behind me struggling a bit but I survive and search for my room.

This mansion is sure big.

I aimlessly maneuver the house following the direction mom told me and soon got in there after countless turns.

I pulled my big suitcase in with me and gazed around the room in awestruck.

The walls are painted white and there's a queen size bed on the middle of the room, there is also a walk in closet and a double glass sliding door which reach the ceiling of the room up to the floor that brings you to a balcony, there's also a wide flat screen TV set and a desk where I can place some of my belongings.

He sure is wealthy.

I frown.

I wanted to go back to Greece I never wanted to leave in the first place anyway but

I have nothing to come back there.

I heave in a long air, grabbing my suitcase and began unpacking my clothes, getting everything exactly where I wanted and get my few belongings, placing it in the drawer and the closet, I took out the picture of me and my father taken at my seventeenth birthday and set it over at my now bedside table.

I stare at the picture frame for a short moment and breath out happily as I recall a happy memory of dad.

I miss you Dad.

~ ~ ~

After spending half an hour unpacking my suitcase and getting everything on there exact place to where I wanted it to be, I made my way to the balcony and slid the clear brittle glass door open.

A whoosh of warm breeze swept across my face, sending tingles down my spine and made my hair flew behind my shoulders, taking a step forward, I peered over the railing of the balcony and close my eyes briefly forgetting all my problems for a moment.