What He Wishes He Could Forget

Jamison was running. Running from what, running from who. He didn't know. Was it just him in the wreckage of the world? It must be so confusing to a little boy. He ran as fast as his little legs could take him, the scrapping of small stones cutting against his feet slowed him down a little. He eventually stopped, his body not being able to take any farther. He rested his left hand on his knee. The other one was gone from the elbow down. He collapsed on the dirt ground after his legs finally gave out and laid there panting and gripping the sand and dirt til some of the ground got stuck under his nails.

Jamison turned his head to the right to see if he could still see who was chasing him. He could, and he started to panic. He supported his weigh on his left elbow and, in a vain attempt, scooted his way forward on the ground.

It didn't take too long for Jamison's assailants to catch up with him and when Jamison turned to look back again, the men were only a few feet away. Jamison patted his body to see if he still had any bombs left on him. None.

"Shit, shit, shit, SHIT!" Jamison thought to himself.

"Finally caught up to you, you little rat. Now tell us, what did you find in the Omninum, and where can we find it?" The largest of the men asked.

"N-N-No..." Jamison whispered, trying his best not to cry.

The man scowled and drew a machete near Jamison's neck and Jamison finally let a tear fall from his eye and whimpered.

"I won't ask again." The man said again and Jamison started to really cry.

"You really shouldn't kill him, ya know?" One of the men in the gang finally spoke up.

"And why the hell not-" The largest man asked, but was cut off by the other man.

"Just immobilize him. Therefore he can't get away, and we can find a way to get him to talk." The man said, and a grin on the man next to Jamison grew so much it looked like his face was going to split.

"Knew there was a reason I kept you around." The large man said and moved the machete down to his right leg and stabbed it just above the knee.

Jamison screamed. He screamed and cried for them to stop until he felt something hit him hard on the back of his head.

~~~~~~

Junkrat woke up to Roadhog shaking him almost violently and shouting at him to wake up. Junkrat felt the hot tears cool on his face and realized where he was. He was in their shared room they had in the Overwatch base. Junkrat stared at the wall in front of him, not quite registering what was reality and was just a dream. The nightmare still replayed itself in his head as he subconsciously gripped at Roadhog's arms and held on for dear life.

"Mako...?" Junkrat asked so quiet that if you were paying attention you wouldn't have heard it.

"Yes. Yes, I'm here." Roadhog said as he sat next to Junkrat on the bed. He wrapped his arms around Junkrat's thin frame and the smaller man started to truly cry and bury his face into Roadhog's chest. Junkrat cried for a while while Roadhog gently rubbed and massaged his back, whispering comforting things to him. Once Junkrat had finally calmed down Roadhog asked,

"Jamison, what happened?" To which Junkrat choked back a few sobs.

"I... I-I remembered... My leg. It's gone." Junkrat said, sobbing interrupting his sentences. He subconsciously rubbed his right leg, or what remained of it. "It hurts, Mako... It hurts so damn much."

"Shh... you're ok now. No one gonna hurt you now. Shh." Roadhog whispered. Roadhog moved Junkrat's hand from his stump and started to massage it. Junkrat was still sobbing, but not as hard as before. The smaller man shifted slightly in Roadhog's hold and started to make small whimpers and noises of appreciation to what Roadhog was doing. Roadhog gently lifted up Junkrat's chin to look up at him and started to rub the tears off Junkrat's face while the other continued to massage Junkrat's leg. Junkrat wrapped his left arm around Roadhog's neck and sat in the larger man's lap as he admired his work on his leg. Roadhog, with his arms still around Junkrat, moved up and started to massage Junkrat's thin back and chest, then the stump of his right arm.

"Thanks, mate..." Junkrat whispered, suffently soothed and clearly becoming tired from what Roadhog was doing. Roadhog pressed a kiss to Junkrat's forehead and asked,

"You think you can actually sleep through the night tonight?" Roadhog removed his hands from Junkrat's stumps and instead wrapped them around his small frame. Junkrat, in turn, let his right stump join his other arm around Roadhog's neck.

"Yeah. Seriously though, thank you... Don't know what I'd do without you." Junkrat said as it was clear in his voice that he was struggling to stay awake.

"Die probably." Roadhog said as he got them both under the thick covers of their bed. His arms were still wrapped around Junkrat's back.

"Yeah, probably." Junkrat said as he nuzzled his head into Roadhog's neck. Roadhog pressed a kiss to Junkrat's forehead, then lifted his chin once more to press a to the smaller man's lips before telling him one thing.

"Sleep."