Meal Swipes

A/N: I genuinely feel so bad because how long I went without updating this story. This is just a short thing I wrote based off my first semester of college. I kinda want to write a pt. 2 to this, but I also have a few other drabbles with these two idiots already so let me know if you want a pt. 2 or if I should just prioritize the other fics instead.

College AU

Late, late, late, late. Jamison was going to be late to his calculus class if this damn sandwich shop didn't hurry the fuck up. Jamison tapped his foot impatiently against the tile floor as he waited with the dozens of other students all hoping to get their lunch on time.

Jamison has a fully booked schedule with classes back to back. This was the only time in his schedule he could get lunch considering that he was booked from 9am to 6pm with classes. He had 40 minutes between his engineering lecture and calculus class to get lunch, eat, and walk across campus to his math class and it didn't help that he lived on a large campus.

It also didn't help that he was disabled.

And the damn disability services at his university wouldn't give him anything more than give him an extra 5 minutes to walk to class!

Jamison picked at his cuticles as he thought about what to do. Determining that he simply didn't have anymore time, he decided to just grab the next sandwich that was placed out in front.

"Mako!" The staff in the shop shouted while placing the order out front. Jamison quickly walked up and grabbed the sandwich, only to be stopped by another student grabbing his shoulder. Jamison turned to look at the offender and felt his chest tighten as he looked up at the much larger student.

"You're Mako?" Jamison asked. 'Mako' simply shook his head.

"Ok listen," Jamison started, "I gotta walk from here to the old-as-balls math building in like 10 minutes and I'm missing half a leg." Jamison moved the hand off his shoulder as he continued.

"My name's Jamie, just take mine. It's already paid for." With that, Jamison paid for Mako's food and left. While Jamison was walking over, he took a bite of the sandwich and thought,

"Shit, was that guy a vegetarian?" Noting the copious amount of lettuce and tomatoes. Jamison shrugged, feeling just a little bit bad for ordering bacon on his sandwich. There wasn't anything he could do about now though.

~~~~~~~

After showing up 10 minutes late to his calculus class, Jamison proceeded to suffer through the 75 minute long lecture on how to calculate the natural log function of derivatives. He later did his chemistry lab, which got out a bit earlier than he expected. Jamison had a lab partner that actually understood the assignment.

Now he was at his university's dining hall, eating the dog water food they served. Jamison sat alone while he typed up his lab report when another man sat across from him. Looking up, Jamison was met with the large man from before.

"Oh hey," Jamison said with a smile, removing his earbuds, "Thanks for swapping lunches with me."

"No prob," Mako mumbled, handing Jamison his order from before. Jamison took it confused.

"You didn't eat?" He asked, concerned.

"Nah," Mako said, "I'm vegetarian."

"Ah, I figured from your order you were," Jamison said with a shy chuckle, "Sorry about that. You want me to get you something?"

"Got something already," Mako answered, motioning to the salad on the table, "Figured you needed that more than me, you skinny shit."

Jamison laughed at that and squeezed his upper arm between his fingers.

"I guess. I'm still recovering from an ED," Jamison laughed, "Glad to know I'm still a skinny legend." He added while striking a pose, but Mako was silent. He looked away before muttering,

"Sorry."

"Oh, it's ok," Jamison said, waving his hand dismissively, "I'm getting there. I joke about it all the time; No harm, no foul, right?"

Mako hummed in response before beginning to eat his dinner. Jamison quickly finished the sentence he was typing up before shutting his laptop and moving it to the side.

"I know this is outta the blue, but..." Jamison started while leaning forward slightly, "Are you, by chance, into guys?"

Mako sighed and placed his fork down, looking up at the blonde with narrowed eyes.

"Why the fuck are you asking?" Mako snarled.

Jamison leaned back at the sudden hostility, a nervous laugh bubbling out of his mouth which only served to anger Mako more.

"You tryin' make fun of me, you fag?" Mako continued and holy shit Jamison was about to get beat the fuck up.

"NO! Not at all, honest," Jamison promised while pressing himself as far back into the booth away from Mako as he could, "I'm sorry I should have specified."

Mako huffed with furrowed eyebrows, but allowed Jamison to continue.

"Hi, I'm Jamie." Jamison began, reaching his prosthetic hand out for a handshake despite his better judgment, "I think you're pretty and would like to get to know you better. And possibly take you on a date if you're interested."

Mako started at the other's hand for a moment before sighing and shaking his hand gently.

"Mako," He answered, "Yes, I'm into guys." He added.

Jamison smiled at that while leaning forward a bit more, a dumb smile plastered on his face in anticipation.

"Andddddd...?" Jamison dragged out. Mako rolled his eyes.

Mako had to really consider this guy's offer. He was fond of blondes, both on men and women. Jamison was just his type too when it came to men: tall, skinny, blonde, loud, the stereotypical twink if you were to be honest. Jamison was also a very unique man considering that he was, not just a single, but a double amputee and had very sharp -- very handsome -- facial features. Not to mention how jittery the man seemed to be constantly.

Mako rolled his eyes.

"And I'll let you take me out for a date."

Jamison gasped in glee, eyes wide and mouth stretched wide in a smile, and pulled away from Mako quickly.

"Sorry for calling you a fag," Mako apologized, "Didn't realize you meant it like that."

"'S ok," Jamison said, distracted. He dug through his backpack and quickly ripped out a slip of paper from one of his various notebooks. He quickly scribbled down his number and name before packing all of his things up.

"You won't regret this, mate," Jamison practically shouted while slinging his bag over his shoulder, "I've gotta meet some others for an engineering assignment, so this is goodnight I guess,"

Jamison began to walk away before turning back around.

"I just realized I don't have your number," He said, leaning over where Mako was still sitting calmly. Jamison handed the other a pen, "Just write it on my arm."

Jamison offered up his organic arm to Mako while the other just looked at him with an eyebrow raised. Jamison just nudged his arm again before Mako gave in and started writing his number.

Jamison was practically vibrating when Mako handed him back the pen.

"Oh, mate, I'm so glad you said yes," Jamison started while shoving the pen into his pocket, "I'm so excited!"

Jamison grabbed one of Mako's huge hands into his own two before pressing a kiss to his knuckles.

"Oh, you're so pretty. Call me!" Jamison shouted while walking away, "Or text me. Or, I'll text you! Whatever, we'll figure it out."

Jamison left the dining hall as soon as that last sentence left his mouth and Mako couldn't help but sigh and relax back into his chair.

What the fuck did he just agree to?

A/NKinda shitty tbh ik. I have other stuff in the making though so don't worry. I just wanted to get something out there, ya' know?