Haunted?

Anzu and Yugi didn't make it to the café that afternoon, but promise each other to go the next time she had a day off. The boy sighed to himself as his heart slowed down from the panic he felt just a few moments ago. The spirit floated next to him, refusing to leave him alone.

"So, are you finally going to talk to her? This could be your chance to tell her how you really feel."

Yugi glance nervously at Yami, trying to come up with something to say, but ended up turning away . Seeing his lighter half's reaction, the spirit sighed and crossed his arm saying,"I don't see why this is so difficult. I think it's pretty obvious she is quiet fond of you."

"Maybe as a friend Yami, but as something more I'm not so sure about that."

"So why not just ask her?"

"Because, it could mess up our friendship!" the boy stressed through the mind link.

For the past ten minutes they were going around and around the endless loop of 'you should go for it' and 'but I can't'. Though they shared the same body, Yami was careful were and when he needed to interfere in Yugi's life. But after that roller-coaster of emotion he just experience, Yami felt he needed to help his friend. Even if it meant delving in an area he was not too familiar with. But compare to what they have been through, how hard could confessing be.

"Yugi, I really don't understand how something like this could ruin a friendship. Especially with Anzu." Yami said, his piercing eyes staring down at Yugi.

"Look, if I go confessing my feelings to her and she does not feel the same way it could make it awkward for the both of us. Plus, Anzu just said that she is not interested in being in a relationship."

"Oh please!" Yami rolled his eyes, "that was just her way of putting that guy down gently. Anyone could see that. Plus, I pretty sure the guy just wanted something more from her than a date."

"How would you know that!" Yugi cried as he blushed at the spirits insinuation.

"Just because I'm confined to the puzzle does not mean I can't hear your other classmates gossip about what goes on in your school. It gets pretty boring in there you know." Yami explain as he looked down at the item resting on Yugi's chest "Also, he wasn't exactly making eye contact with her during the whole conversation."

"YAMI!"

The spirit chuckled at his innocent other half, as Yugi blushed a bright red. He then looked away, his eyes lowered as he thought about what Yugi said. "I understand not wanting to risk losing what's valuable to you, but again this is Anzu. If your memories are correct, you two have a lot of history together. I really don't think a simple confession will erase all that."

Yugi saw that there was no way Yami was going to understand. Even though the ancient spirit had no memories of his past, Yugi felt that Yami most likely never had trouble dating girls.

"Look, I appreciate what you are trying to do, but I am happy with the way things are between her and me. So lets just forget it, okay?"

"If you say so Yugi." Yami said as he disappear to his soul room.

Yugi huffed as he tugged on his back-pack. He knew he was being a coward, but why change things if everything was livable. Maybe, one day he will tell Anzu how he felt, but for now he needed to concentrate on school. If he wasn't careful he will be in the same boat as Jonouchi.

Just as he thinking about the threat of summer school, he walked passed the café near his house. He stopped to glance at the window and saw that the curtains were still closed tight. Was it even open yet? Looking to see what the hours where he heard a familiar voice behind him.