XII

|Word count:2861.

Viktor.

BEFORE I KNEW WHAT WAS HAPPENING, I WAS ENGULFED IN COLD WATER. I looked around, seeing that Harry, Fleur and Cedric had already swam away, leaving me all alone. I looked down, still not used to seeing myself with shark tail and fish gills.

By now you must be confused. A lot. Well, today is February the 24th, the day when the second task of the Triwizard Tournament is held.

Long story short, in the first task you had to steal a dragons' egg, because the egg held a message that would help you proceed to the second task. As you all might or might not remember, every time we opened the egg all that came out was a screeching, dreadful noise.

I can't count how many times I woke up the whole school.

Honestly, I had given up on figuring out the message a long time ago, until an accident happened.

I was with Hermione, and she had offered to help me on trying to decipher the message. We were in the library and like always, books and quills were scattered around the table, and in the middle of the pile stood a flustered Hermione, who was not used to not finding an answer.

All while she was reading, I couldn't help but notice how cute she was. I noticed some small things about her that I had never noticed before, and believe me when I say that I am not the one for details.

Her nose scrunched up in an adorable way when she found something completly useless, and every time she came across something remotely useful, her eyes would shine with hope.

When she would read something really important, she would quickly find a quill and write it down on a random paper, dedication clear in her eyes. While she wrote, there was always a faint blush visible on her cheeks and with her head tilted sideways, she looked as adorable as ever. Her hair always got in the way; she would tie it up with one hand, (I know right, girls have so many talents) not even trying to use magic.

While I was studying her, she suddenly straightened as a groan escaped her lips. Just then I realized how much I sounded like a stalker, but I couldn't help it. I finally got what I wanted since the school year began;her.

"I officially give up." She stated, throwing her hands in the air, making me snap out of whatever daze I was in.

"Well if you couldn't find anything, I'm not even going to bother asking someone else for help. After all, you are the brightest witch in the world." I complimented as her cheeks turned red.

"You look adorable when you blush." I said, and this only made her redden even more, making me laugh.

"Stop, I'm trying to concentrate." She whined.

"Why, do you find this..." I paused for effect, pointing my finger towards my body. "Distracting?"

She just looked at me and blinked. Twice.

"No."

I dramatically gasped, clenching my heart and acting as if I was in pain.

"You have wounded me." I acted while she let out a laugh.

"I would've never thought you were this dorky." She said, shaking her head.

"Anyways,-" she started, but was interrupted when she saw what was happening, or more correctly, what was going to happen.

I had gotten up and had totally forgotten that the mysterious egg was seated on my lap. When I got up, it tumbled out of my reach, landing straight onto the ground and opening up. Oh wow, Ms Pomfrey(the school nurse) is going to have a lot of patients today, and all of them will be diagnosed with heart issues from the non-expected shriek that escaped the egg.