IV

4|Word count: 1306.

Hermione

THE OCTOBER WIND HAD SLOWLY CREPT IN. The happy and warm days of summer are gone, leaving nothing but a hint of smile on the stundent's lips, who at times, remember the days of their summer break.

Now, at almost all times, you can see students with mugs in their hands, either surrounded by books or their closest friends, laughing and chatting about the daily rumours.

And then there's people like me.

People without a mug in their hand, because they are too busy studying, and without friends surrounding them to keep their spirits up, and keeping them updated on the latest gossip.

Well, that might have been possible, if the two of my two best friends weren't still mad at each-other.

I looked at my watch, coming to the realization that I would have to meet up with Viktor for the tutoring classes in a couple of minutes.

Sighing, I got up and with books in my hands, went to the Great Hall.

In the center of the Great Hall stood Viktor, slightly confused at the lack of 'Her-mey-onie'.

I tapped him on the shoulder and urged him to take a seat at the Gryffindor's table.

"So," I began, putting the books down in kind of a harsh manner. I looked at Viktor, who was gazing at me confusingly.

"What?" I asked.

"Is there something wrong?" He replied, sounding slightly scared from my reaction.

"No, everything is just delightfull." I said, flipping the pages of my notebook rather harshly.

"It's okay, you can talk to me." He said.

"Well, if you insist. And believe me when I say that nothing could of prepared you for the long speech I am about to hold." I replied, now gaining his full attention.

Might as well ramble since I don't have the two of my best friends to do so.

"Nothing is delightfull, actually. The two of my best friends are on cold terms right now, and I am so close to going all 'crazier than Hermione's hair' on them. Then, there is Proffesor Snape, who assigned us a very long essay on literally the second week of studies, plus claiming that I should do a longer one, since I apparentley like to speak a lot about the potion, according to his words. And then there is Proffessor Trelawney, who insisted that she wanted to hear about my last dream, and I was a snitch away from saying "Oh yes, and what does Crookshanks, dancing on a table, with a cup of nice, hot tea, tell you?" But I remembered McGonagall's face when she sends all these students to detention, and I immediatley closed my mouth. Also, all of this happened in a day. Eventfull, isn't it?" I rambled, finally coming to my senses and slumping my shoulders in defeat.

"Hey, are you sure that you are up to the tutoring classes? We can cancell, if you want." He proposed, tilting his head and waiting for an answer.

"No, no, don't even think about it." I said, taking a deep breath and finally relaxing.

"What subject do you want to start off with?" I asked.

"Erm... maybe transfiguration?" He replied.

"Yeah, alright. Let's proceed, shall we?"

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

Viktor

"Khaîde! [Come on!]" Said Igor Karkaroff, my Headmaster.