"Who were they?"

He runs a hand through his hair again and shakes his head. "I don't know. That was what I was trying to find out. They showed up a little before you guys did, said they'd been sent here."

"Sent by who?"

"I don't know! I had to kill one of them so I could masquerade around as him when I found out you guys were here. They were given orders to kill you, all of you. And he did not go down easy. These guys, they aren't like the usual ones Garrett hires, or even the agents that have turned, they're worse. A lot worse. They're dangerous."

I nod, walking across the room to retrieve the knife I had thrown. I pick it up and turn it over in my hands. The tip has been bent.

I hold it up so Sam can see it. He nods before rolling up the sleeves of his shirt, there's a thin metal plate strapped to his forearm.

"It's not strong enough to stop a bullet, but it'll blunt a knife without a problem." He says. "I took it off the third guy. These guys came seriously prepared, only problem is, I have no idea where they came from."

"They weren't easy to take down."

He shakes his head in agreement. "No, they weren't."

Suddenly the door to the exit caves in and crashes to the floor. Lily is the first one through. As soon as she spots Sam she rolls her eyes.

"I should've guessed." She mutters. "Too bad you didn't leave anybody for me to take care of."

"Sorry." Sam says simply. "Next time."

"What is he doing here?" Zack questions.

There's shouting and the thudding of footsteps down another hallway, and getting closer. Sam picks up his helmet and smashes it into the wall a few more times, cracking and denting it beyond repair. He then tosses it away.

"You guys need to go. Like now." He says to them before turning back to me. "Make it look good."

I glare at him and he glares right back, not backing down.

"Fine." I finally grumble.

"What the hell is he talking about?" I hear Devin whisper in question to someone else. "Oh shit!" He shouts as my fist flies into the side of Sam's face. He stumbles back a step but stays standing and I throw another punch, right to his eye, and a third punch to the side of his jaw.

He spits out blood before jerking his head in the direction of the door. "Now get out of here."

"You'll be ok?" I question as I move towards the door.

He gives me what's supposed to be a reassuring smile before gesturing to his face and then the two dead guys. "They won't suspect a thing. Now go."

"Lily set detonators." I tell him and he shakes his head. "You need to get out of here too."

"Yeah I already know about those and I will, don't worry." He replies. "Give me five minutes to get out of here and then blow it. Now GO!"

I nod before turning back to the door along with everyone else. We rush through and start running through the forest back to where we had parked the car.

"What the hell was he doing there?" Devin questions as we run.

"He's working for Garrett." I reply.

"What?!"

Lily rolls her eyes. "He's not actually working for Garrett. Haven't you ever heard of undercover?"

Nobody says anything else until we make it back to the car.

"Why wouldn't you tell us about him?" Chase asks, well, more like demands. He's not too happy.