Chapter 2 - Ku

Chapter II

Ku

Ritual: Heart of Ku

Stone: Rose Quartz

Blend: Full Moon Elixir

The morning of the full moon, find a smooth, medium-sized stone and bathe it in sea salt and water. Dry it thoroughly, set it onto a patch of earth, and let it to sit for the day. As the full moon rises that same evening, place your hands on the stone—which is now filled with the beautifully grounding Earth energy, and ask to release all fears, worries, and blocks contained within your body, mind, and spirit into the stone. Feel the heaviness leave your body and allow it to be drawn into the stone. Now, ask to be filled with the grounding, centering energy of Ku. 

Know that it is so.

Blessed Be.

+

Hillary’s thoughts are filled with her sister, Molly. When she was six years old, Molly, sixteen, was in charge of teaching Hillary the proper way to do household chores. Molly would stand and watch as Hillary tried to carefully wash the dishes without chipping a plate. If Hillary so much as clinked a plate against the sink, Molly would wince, which set Hillary on edge. In Hillary’s opinion, Molly made everything a chore—did she prepare the water? Don’t use too much soap and God forbid if she slipped and dropped a glass into the soapy water. “Watch out” should be Molly’s middle name. After all, she and Moa had left Hawaii on a whim—something that Molly’s structured, concrete mind has a hard time embracing. Hillary smiles as she pictures Molly’s likely reaction. Moa and Hillary’s rash decision—Hillary is sure—has gotten under Molly’s skin. And for some reason there is something deliciously thrilling about getting under Molly’s skin.

As she and Moa sped toward the airport, Hillary attempted to explain the situation to her sister on her cell phone, but didn’t get far before Molly started in with a barrage of questions.

Always the self-appointed voice of reason, Molly was wildly unhappy about their departure. “You don’t have much money. Where will you stay? How will you eat? For heaven’s sake, she doesn’t even have shoes!”

“It’s okay, Mol.” Hillary tried to keep her tone even. “They’ve assured us that we will have a place to stay when we land.” Of course, she left out the fact that the Guardian’s agreement is conditional, and that if Hillary and Moa fail they will owe the royal family the price of a round-trip private jet trip, lodging, meals, and whatever else comes their way.

Hillary knew Molly could not afford to come to Egypt, so when the call was cut off—by accident, of course—Hillary opted not to call back. For all her annoying, nitpicking ways, though, Molly had made several good points. Hillary and Moa had no money, no lodging, and, aside from getting on a plane to Egypt, no solid plan.

The plane jolts, then shudders as it hits the dry desert runway. A colorful flock of Safi Egyptian Swift pigeons scatter, and the jet taxis up to a large cinder-block private airport. Five armed, uniformed royal police wait in the dry, shimmering heat as plainly clothed servants wheel a gold-carpeted rolling staircase up to the plane and lock it in place. 

“What’s happening?” Hillary asks quickly.

“Don’t worry.” The Guardian stretches and pulls a freshly laundered coat out of the back closet. “It’s just the royal police. They check identification upon entering our country. A simple driver’s license, birth certificate, or passport is sufficient for private visitors and guests of the royal family.” 

Moa has no birth certificate!How could she have missed this incredibly obvious detail? Hillary nervously watches the Guardian as he busies himself with gathering his belongings. Grabbing her purse, she scoots into the seat beside her beloved and quirky travel companion.