Statue of Ku (Moa Book Series, #2)

Here's a sample of STATUE OF KU the second book in the MOA SERIES. It is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords (most everywhere) in paperback and on eBook. The first book, MOA and the third book, IRON SHINTO) are avaialable for purchase, as well and here is a link to Amazon tinyurl.com/lhca6q6

Enjoy!

Book Description:

The second book in the Moa Book Series follows Hillary and Moa as they jet to Egypt on the Prince’s private plane to reclaim Moa’s family heirloom, the inimitable statue of Ku. Once on the ground, however, they find that their search is less about retrieving a treasured family possession and more about tracing a healing path in their genetic lineage to its true beginning. Their journey involves magic, sacrifice and discovering their unique healing gifts, which live within all of us. Their story intertwines with that of the real boy, Ku — his questions, his travails and, eventually, his triumph. In their continuing search for the Statue, Hillary and Moa find that the answer to every question they seek is where they least expect it and that healing gifts are not lost but merely forgotten.

Reviews:

★★★★★ "Though Shiu writes her books for a Teen or Young Adult audience, her commitment to expand the mind is so well centered that her audience could comfortably and satisfyingly include adult readers, especially those curious about universal levels of being." - Grady Harp, Amazon Top 50 Hall of Fame Reviewer

Five Stars! A fun weekend read, I loved it - Having not read the 1st book in this series (this is book 2), I was a bit worried that I wouldn’t know what was happening. Luckily, the story is cohesive as a standalone story all by itself.

The characters were detailed and multidimensional, and the setting of Egypt was almost a character in itself. I especially loved the pacing of the story, as it started slow and built quickly up to heighten tension, leading to a surprise ending no one was expecting.

The magical healing powers were amazingly vivid in description, and I really like the story of the Ku, the boy from the statue and how it echoed the characters’ story in the book. 

Highly recommended! - Mandatory345

Loved it! ★★★★★- I just finished reading Statue Of Ku. It is the second book in the Moa series written by Tricia Stewart Shiu. It takes place in Egypt. Hillary, Heidi, Molly, and Moa work together with the king and prince to recover the Statue Of Ku. It is a family heirloom of Moa's. Not only does she want it, it is discovered that without it her entire family line will perish.

I loved this book. I couldn't get enough of it. I didn't think it was possible to like the second book better than I liked the first book. It happened with this series though. I especially love how everything was described so vividly. I felt like I was actually there with them for the majority of the book.

The only thing I really didn't like about this book all that much is how mature they made Heidi. She talked like she was several decades older than she really was. She's a child. I'm sure that it's meant to be like that for the story line. It just kind of made me feel a little strange. I love Heidi though. She's an amazingly sweet and cute character.

I fully recommend this book to anybody who loves adventurous Wicca novels. Especially ones that come in series. It's action packed without being too violent. It does have some violence in it, but it's very mild. I think that's what I love the best about this series. The minimal violence. I am so glad I had the opportunity to read this book! - Willow Star Serenity