Chapter Twenty-Five - He Loves Me

Magsimula sa umpisa

Jaw on the ground, Ron blinked before speaking. "Well I mean come on mate, you weren't wrong. We were poor. Really poor. And the fact that you always had it so accurate is I guess what seemed to make me hate you even more. I wanted to have the kind of money you had and so in a way, a lot of the time, I wished I could be you too."

I laughed. "No you don't Weasley. Trust me, if anyone knew how my life really was, no one would want to be me. All I'm saying is I regret making fun of you and your family and I take it all back. I judged you wrongly and I think you all have a beautiful home. Being poor doesn't just mean being without finances. There's a lot more to it. Like love, and unity and trust and freedom." I held out my hand and he shook it before pulling me into a one armed hug and clapping me on the back.

"What the fuck?" Ginny.

Ron and I broke apart to see Ginny, Hermione, Blaise and Alessandria staring at us. Ron and I exchanged looks before walking over to them.

"This year just keeps getting weirder and weirder." Ginny muttered.

Hermione looked like she was about to say something smart again so I scooped her into my arms and kissed her before she had the chance.

"Get a room." Ron coughed. Alessandria slapped his chest.

"We'll use the tent shall we?" I said back grinning. Hermione slapped my chest.

We all made our way inside to say our last goodbyes before apparating back to Hogwarts.

* * *

December rolled through in a blur. We had returned to class as usual and Hermione and I were better than ever. Blaise and Ginny seemed to be good too. Pansy took the week off after the fight at Andromeda's to mourn her father and truly no one blamed her. She returned to school in much better spirits. As good as you could get for being Pansy anyway.

I had gone back to the Burrow a few times over the last few weeks and sometimes Hermione accompanied me too. Mother had decided she was going to build a home on the outskirts of England near a coastline somewhere. The Weasleys and a few of their friends had kindly offered to put up protective charms around the perimeter, one of those being linked to my mark so that if anyone else with the Dark Mark should make it through the enchantments, my arm would burn. Only then did I agree to her choice of home.

Andromeda and Ted had managed to salvage their house and mother and I helped to pay for any repairs we could. It was the least we could do seeing as it was mostly our fault their house was damaged in the first place.

A week before Christmas, I returned to my dorm one day after class to find McGonagall's yearly notice asking whether we'd be staying at Hogwarts this year. Mother had invited Hermione and I over for Christmas dinner but I had yet to ask Hermione if she wanted to leave Hogwarts or not for the break. I picked up my wand and headed over to her dorm.

Hermione POV:

I finished wrapping the last Christmas present and forced it under my bed with all the rest of them.

"Mmmm. You on your knees, has Christmas come early?" A voice sounded from behind me.

I grinned as I turned around. Draco stood at my door leaning against the frame. He chuckled as he strode over to me and helped me to my feet. "I'll make you come early." I replied cheekily.

He laughed as he leaned in to kiss me.

"As you know, mother has invited us round to her house for dinner on Christmas Day but I was wondering whether or not you wanted to stay at Hogwarts over the holidays." He asked moving over to sit in the arm chair.

"Oh yes, I was going to talk to you about that." I said back nervously. I had been planning something over the last few weeks and every time I thought about it, it gave me butterflies. "Ginny and Blaise are going to be at the Burrow during break which means our apartment in London will be empty. I was thinking maybe we go back there?"

"Sounds great!" He said as I moved to sit in his lap. He stared at me with his cloudy grey eyes and I played with a strand of his soft blonde hair. "Hermione, your heart rate is through the roof, are you okay?" He asked me.

"Fine! I'm just a little nervous is all." I said jumping up and moving to lie down on my bed.

"About?" He gave me a sexy suspicious look and I looked up at the ceiling.

"Nothing in particular. Christmas, exams afterward, dinner with your mum." I replied trying my hardest not to blush. I wasn't lying, I was nervous about all these things. Just not at the moment.

Draco got off the chair and climbed up onto the bed and I lifted my head for his arm to slide under me. He kissed my forehead. "You don't need to worry about mother. She adores you. You appeal to the scholar in her. She's just grateful I didn't end up with, and I quote, 'some ditzy bimbo'." He laughed.

I laughed with him. "It's still nerve-racking." I turned to face him as he continued to stare at the ceiling. "It's so weird don't you think? We've spent years at each other's throats and then out of nowhere it's like we blinked and here we are. I used to despise you Draco Malfoy!" I giggled into his chest.

He let out a light laugh. "I believe you referred to me as, what was it? Oh yeah, a 'foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach'." He said with a smirk. "Nice. That's very nice of you. I'll have to let mother know that one."

I buried my face in his chest again and covered myself with my hands causing him to laugh out loud. "I'm sorry." I said. My voice muffled by his shirt. I breathed in his delicious cologne and looked up to see him staring down at me.

He stared at me for ages and I began to feel self-conscious.

"I love you, Hermione." He whispered.

My mouth dropped open and before I could respond his lips smashed into my own kissing me like his life depended on it. I sunk into his kiss and let myself be enveloped in the passion issuing from within him.

Sorry it's a short chapter guys, I needed this to be separate from what's to come so I'm posting this chapter and the next at the same time. Wooooop!

Don't forget to vote for both though! And comment wherever you feel like it. (I know you will 😍😍😍💑💞💝💖)