Chapter Fourteen - Halloween Sleepover

Draco POV:

As the Charms class ended for the day I got up and packed my things into my bag ready to head back to our dorms. Blaise and I had decided to dress matching the girls' dresses we'd bought them at Andromeda's.

We had ordered our suits off an old wizard my father had gotten all our suits from and they had arrived yesterday. Blaise had a full black suit with a gold tie to match Weaselette's shoes and I had a red dress shirt with a black tie and black suit jacket and pants to match.

As we walked along the corridor, I heard Hermione's laugh ring out across the room. I hadn't heard from her much since the day that we'd taken that trip to Diagon Alley but I was determined to spend time with her tonight just getting to know her better. Blaise had given me some speech about deciding what matters and when something was worth risking it all and the pompous arse actually made a bit of sense.

I looked over my shoulder checking that the coast was clear and I ran to catch up to her. "Erm, hey." I said in a small voice.

She looked surprised to see me. "Draco, uh, hi." She glanced around nervously.

"The coast is clear, I already checked." I looked down at my feet as I walked. I no longer cared who saw me with her but I could feel that she did.

"Sorry." She mumbled. "Habit." She added by way of an explanation. "I don't really care anymore to be quite honest."

I looked up at her, my eyes shining the tiniest bit brighter.

"So I was won-" I started.

"Draco do you want to go to the Halloween party together tonight?" She blurted out.

I smiled. "I knew you couldn't resist me."

She scoffed. "Get over yourself. As it sounds, you were about to ask me the same thing."

"Maybe. Guess you'll never know now Granger will you." I nudged her playfully and she smiled. Dammit I love her smile.

"Get off your high hippogriff Draco Malfoy. It's unattractive." She said poking my ribs.

"Me? Unattractive? Never! Everyone knows I'm beautiful." I said smoothing my hair back.

At that she let out the loudest laugh yet. I laughed with her. I didn't care that her amusement was at the expense of my own vanity, I just liked hearing her laugh and knowing I did that.

"Meet me in our dorm at 8?" She said brightly.

"I haven't said yes yet." I smirked.

"You'll be there." She winked at me and walked off smirking. Dammit, she's right. I would be there.

Hermione POV:

"Ginny!" I called out to her. "Help!" She came bursting through my bedroom door.

"What? What is it?" She said with her wand out.

"I can't reach my zip. Can you get it for me?" She huffed and walked towards me.

"I thought you were being held at gunpoint or something!" She said.

I looked at her funny. "How the hell do you know what being held at gunpoint means?" I asked her.

She giggled at me. "Blaise and I met up last night and we apparated to a muggle cinema and watched this really cool movie. Muggles are pretty creative don't you think? The things they come up with."

She did up my dress and summoned some bobby pins from her room and proceeded to clip strands of hair one bunch at a time, into an intricate bun at the nape of her neck.