Chapter Twenty-Six - A Cherry Popping Christmas

Christmas break started but Draco and I remained at Hogwarts until the day of Christmas Eve. I met him at the Entrance Hall and together we apparated to buy groceries for dinner that night. He was very adamant he wanted to cook and despite my many attempts still wasn't able to work out what it was he was making.

He had sent me off clothes shopping while he gathered ingredients and I wondered aimlessly around the shops looking for something to wear to Narcissa's dinner the next night.

A pretty intricate number caught my eye as I passed a shop window. It was a sheer black with laced embroidery on it and a beautiful black waist belt. I bought the dress on the spot.

As I walked through the shops, I stumbled upon something else that really caught my eye. I walked in and decided to try it on before buying it. It looked amazing on me and accentuated every part of my body that I loved. I bought the piece and headed back to where I knew Draco would be.

When we got back to my apartment, Draco got to work preparing dinner. I had to show him around the kitchen a bit but once he knew where everything was, he demanded I leave the room. I took a long hot bath, I performed a charm to remove the hair from my legs, my armpits and my most intimate parts. Washing my hair and rinsing it out, I climbed out of the bath, wrapped myself in a huge fluffy towel and walked to my bedroom.

I wore a floor length, red satin dress with simple straps. It was Christmas after all. I magically dried my hair and styled it with loose curls falling down my back. I loved my hair in curls. I did my make up, keeping the eyes and face very neutral and then I used some red lipstick charming it to stay put.

As I finished, I walked out of my room to see Draco standing there with a glass of wine in each hand. I strode over to him as he handed me one.

"You look amazing." He told me.

"You're not so bad yourself." I replied with a wink. I took a sip of my wine.

He chuckled. "Come on Granger, everyone knows I'm beautiful." He said in a smug tone.

I choked on my wine and we shared a laugh.

He kissed the top of my head as he made his way to the shower.

"Dinner will be ready once I get out." He called. He winked at me as he disappeared round the corner.

I waited out on the balcony watching all the people below, bustling about the streets, cramming in all their last minute shopping. I conjured up a small fire in a jar to keep myself warm and wrapped a small blanket around me. I contemplated life and what the future held for me and found myself lost, deep in thought.

A fresh batch of mint leaves, Italian lemon and green apples reached my nose and I smiled as I realized Draco was behind me. I felt his arms wrap around me and he trailed kisses down my neck. I sighed into him and I looked down at his arms. From what I could see he was wearing a suit, the cufflinks on his jacket sleeves had the initials 'DLM' on them. They were obviously custom made. I spun round to face him and he looked at me adoringly.

"Hi." He said in a deep voice.

"Hi." I said in a small one.

"Dinner's ready." He told me.

I nodded in response and he kissed me before grabbing my hand and leading me inside.

A delicious smell greeted me as soon as I stepped back inside. My tummy rumbled quietly as I realized how hungry I was.

We walked around the corner and on the dining table sat a beautiful Christmas Ham and place settings for two.

There were dishes of roasted potatoes, parsnip and sweet potato, green salad, roasted green beans and buttered carrots all surrounding the ham.