Chapter Ninteen

Haru hobbled desperately out of the elevator, he didn't care if any of the nurses or other patients were staring at him. He just wanted to get out and away from the hospital. He painfully and slowly made his way towards the hospital garden. It was the only place that he was able to feel free on the hospital grounds besides the hospital roof.

The garden was a large healing garden. It had three different areas. The first area was the Activity Area where patients can go to for exercise or to do a physical activity. It had a play area for children and an exercise park. The second area was known as the Common Area where there is a gazebo for patients to hang around in. The third is an area called the Sensory Area. It was the largest area out of the three. It has a small vegetable and flower garden, a small grass maze and a simple yet classic looking fountain.

Haru often went to the vegetable and flower garden. There were benches located everywhere, so he would sit there quietly and just take in the scenery. He hobbled to his usual bench and just sat there. His mind was reeling from what he just saw Rin was doing. Doing something that should have been done with him only not with some other unknown girl.

The buzzing that he had heard earlier in Doctor Fusaki's office was back and it was louder than ever. Haru wanted the buzzing to stop. Instinctively he raised his hands to cover his ears in an attempt to silence it off. It was a futile attempt as it only became worse. Sweat was beading down the side of his head.

Haru could feel himself slipping slowly away from reality. Bit by bit, he felt that he was falling into a never ending, dark abyss. Haru felt absolute despair. He was about to lose it when a set of big, strong arms enveloped him from behind and pulled him out of that abyss.

He looked up, hands still on his ears and he saw Rin. His red eyes were sad and regretful but were intense. Rin's hands were on top of Haru's and he was gentle pulling Haru's hands away from his ears.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry," Rin mumbled repeatedly as he leaned into Haru. Their foreheads lightly touched.

Haru's hands dropped to his side as his eyes opened in the realisation that the one who pulled him out was Rin. Rin's hands, then went and cupped Haru's face and ever so gently, he placed a kiss on Haru's forehead. Haru felt his body shudder at that.

Rin whispered another 'I'm sorry' as he pulled away from Haru. He gave Haru a light smile before getting up. "Haru," Rin began, "I think it's best that we stop seeing each other."

"Huh? Rin..." Haru's voice trailed off.

Rin sighed before continuing, "I've done nothing but cost you pain. I'm sorry."

And with that Rin turned and started to walk away- walking slowly as if he was the one injured, not Haru. Haru watched him and then before he knew it, he launched himself at Rin causing the Samezuka swimmer to stumble and fall.

"H-Haru?" Rin said in a shock before getting up. Rin looked at Haru and before Haru can gather his bearings, Rin pulled him up and sat him back on the bench. "You shouldn't have done that Haru. What happens if you're injured again? You're already getting better."

"I-I don't want to lose you again," Haru hiccupped. There were tears in his eyes, he was desperately clutching onto Rin's black jacket.

"Haru..." Rin pulled Haru closed to him and held Haru in his arms.

" I lost you once. I don't want to go through that again. I love your Rin," Haru whispered though it was barely audible.

Softly, Rin said, "I love you too."

Haru looked up at Rin, "Kiss me."

Rin placed his hands gently on Haru's face, gently cupping it. His thumbs ran along Haru's cheekbones tenderly and lovingly. When he bent down to kiss Haru, Haru's clutch on Rin's jacket tightened until his knuckles were pale white. Rin smelled like himself as always along with the scent of the starting autumn.