Chapter Seventeen

Rin walked through the bare and chilling streets to his destination. The seasons had shifted recently from summer to autumn and it was getting to get colder and colder by the day. The air was crisp and fiery coloured leaves were on the ground, they crunched as Rin walked over them. He let out a sigh and a puff of air formed as he did.

He was wearing a black beanie, a black jacket with a white hood over a gray and white striped long sleeve shirt. He topped it off with a pair of cargo pants and a pair of sneakers. He knew that he didn't have to be so fashionable to visit someone but it was an undoubtedly an unusual habit of his to dress up. It was a habit he picked up from his friends over in Australia.

As he continued walking down the street before a making a turn, the clear blue sky unexpectedly turned dark. Dark and sinister looking clouds were rolling in and the wind blew a little too harshly in Rin's direction. Knowing it was going to rain soon, Rin took out his phone out from his pocket to check the time. 6:05pm, the screen read. "I better hurry," he mumbled to himself. He placed his phone back and then started jogging. His muscles were aching from his workout earlier but Rin didn't care, he just wanted to feel the rush of adrenaline pumping around in his veins and he needed that right now.

Small, little droplets started coming down. It was a small shower at first but then it quickly turned into a heavy rain. Rin was getting wet. He looked around for shelter before spotting a convenience store to take shelter in.

Once safe away from the rain, Rin took out his phone again. He checked the time again, 6:10pm. He sighed. It was still a long way from where his destination was. The rain pittered and pattered on the glass window and condensation was forming on them. "Tch it's heavy," Rin scowled.

"Wah! It's really pouring out there isn't it mister? Mister? Ehhh?! Matsuoka?! W-what are you doing here?" the store manager said in shock. He was bending down, taking out products to restock the shelves with.

Rin turned around, "Uozumi?* Huh? I could ask you the same thing," the scowled disappeared and was replaced with the same shock that was on the store manager's.

"Ummm, my family owns this place and my parents had something going on today, so they called me over to look after the store. Ehehehe," Uozumi Takuya replied to his fellow teammate.

"Oh I see, so you're skipping practice?"

"Yep. To tell you the truth, Matsuoka, I rather not skip but I had no choice. You, on the other hand, why are you skipping?"

"I have something to do today. You got a problem with that?" Rin replied with a hint of hostility in his voice.

"N-Nope. I guess you can stay here until the rain stops. Want a cup of tea?" Takuya replied, trying to change the subject.

"Huh? Oh sure. Thanks..." Rin mumbled out.

"Okay, give me a second then," and then Takuya left.

Haru smiled to himself, clearly pleased that the drawing of Rin came out great. He then continued to stare at the drawing for a couple more minutes before someone shook him out from it. It was Doctor Shiori, "Nanase-san you have visitors," she smiled at him gently. "Is that Matsuoka-kun? It's very good."

"But I thought that Rin and my family were the only one allowed to visit me after visiting hours?" Haru looked that doctor, confused.

"I have made an exception. Besides, they are not going to be here for more than half an hour," Shiori said before helping Haru up and taking him back to his room.

When they got there, 4 people were patiently waiting inside for Haru. "Makoto, Nagisa, Rei, Gou," Haru called out their names in his usual melancholic voice.

"Haru. How are you feeling?" Makoto asked, his smiled was warm, bright and oozing of kindness.

"Yoo-hoo Haru-chan! Feeling better?" Nagisa cried up cheerfully before being shushed by the doctor and his schoolmates.

"Haruka-senpai you can walk!" said Rei who was glad to see his senior walking with the cructches

"H-Hi. I'm fine," Haru replied them with a slight blush on his face.

"I'm going to officially release Nanase-san tomorrow. You can pick him up at 5 o' clock but I will need your parents to sign the release slip, Tachibana-san. Also please tell them that the bill was already taken care of by Nanase-san's parents," Shiori said happily as she gave the news to all 5 of them in the room.

"Haruka-senpai is being released?! That's great!" Gou said, ecstatic at the news.

Haru just nodded off the news. All he wanted as of right now is just was to see Rin and make up with him for once and for all. He sat down on the bed and handed Makoto the crutches.

Makoto put away the crutches to the side of Haru's bed. He then took one glance at Haru before looking at the others in the room. They all nodded in unison with the exception of Haru, Gou and Doctor Shiori. They all knew what they needed to do. They needed to get Haru back together with Rin straight away, otherwise they would never get back together or even speak to each other again.

Unknown to Rin about their plan, he carefully walked up the hill, trying hard not to slip and fall on the muddy path. After the rain had passed, Rin had said his goodbyes to Takuya and gotten back on track to where he was going, he had no doubt that he had lost about half an hour to the rain.

Rin looked up from the path and saw what he came for: To see his father. The Matsuoka family grave stone stood there, tall and proud. The rain had washed away whatever dirt had accumulated during the time that Rin and his family did not visit. Rin then stood in front of it, staring at the rectangular, gray stone with his family name engraved on it. He took a deep breath and let it out a few seconds later. "Dad, I wondered if you ever hesitated on what you wanted before. Because I'm doing that now. I can't seem to make up my mind with Haru. I hoped by coming here that you could help me clear my head and make up my mind with Haru." Just as the words left Rin's mouth, a soft breeze blew in Rin's direction. Rin closed his eyes and just when the breeze that stopped blowing, his mind was cleared up. "Thanks dad, I knew I could always count on you," he said, smiling at the grave.

With a fist bump to his dad, Rin left. He was glad that he came here.