Chapter Seven

It's has been an hour already since Haru finished his breakfast and he started to wonder if Rin will wake up soon. It's already 11am and Rin is not awake yet. He must be really exhausted to sleep until this late.

Haru stared down at Rin, all the while thinking how Rin can be so sweet and aggressive sometimes but then Haru's gazed shifted toward the water in the jug which was placed on a table next to his bed. He wondered when he will be able to swim. When will he be able to feel the touch of water once more? The familiar touch that he had known since a few years ago, the excitement that swimming gives him whenever he is in the water.

*knock* *knock* *knock*

Doctor Shiori walked in and was carrying a trap with small bottle, a syringe, and about 2-3 pills. She placed the tray on the table, "He's still not awake Nanase-san?" Doctor Shioro asked politely as she picked up the syringe and the small bottle, inserted the needle into the bottle, pulled the handle and the liquid inside the bottle was drawn inside of the syringe's tube.

Doctor Shiori then took hold of Haru's IV drip tube and injected the liquid inside. "The painkiller will stop the pain for a while, about a few hours. Please take you medicine Nanase-san."

She then placed the syringe down and poured a glass of water for Haru and gave it to him so that he can swallow the medicine all in one gulp.

Haru took the medicine and took the glass of water and gulped it down at one go, swallowing hard.

"Nanase-san, I have set a date for your release. It would be one month from now, on this day. Don't worry; it's on a weekend so it will be easier for you. Also, we decided to send you to psychologist in about half hour from now because the psychologist has something that came up." The female doctor said before leaving the room, taking the tray that she had bought in with her.

Haru now left alone with Rin again in the room. Rin was still sleeping but Haru enjoy watching Rin sleep. He have never seen Rin so at peace in his life. Ever since, Rin moved to Australia, Haru felt like he had messed up Rin with the swim-off that he had with him before Rin left for Australia.

He was so glad to see Rin after the 4 years that they had been apart, only to find out that Rin's personality had drastically changed but on the day of that when Rin once again gave up swimming again during the competition, it broke Haru's heart. It shattered his passion for swimming once again. He felt like his whole world fell apart when he found out that he may never swim with Rin ever again.

But was relieved when Rin confessed to him under a tree that reminded them of the sakura tree in middle school that Rin always wanted to swim with Haru and a piece of the Rin Haru knew in the past was still inside of Rin made him very happy.

Once everything was settled and Rin was friends with Haru, Makoto, Nagisa and Rei, they frequently held combined swimming practices at each other's school but most of the time after school, Rin would take the train and go to Iwatobi High to have his swimming practice with them instead with his team but when competitions are drawing nearly, Rin was restricted from going to swim with Haru and the others at Iwatobi High because Mikoshiba needed Rin to prepare.

Haru was happy and satisfied with this arrangement and other than having Rin over at Iwatobi swimming with them; they also planned outings together to make up the lost time that Rin was in Australia. Sometimes, it would just be Rin and Haru going out together, doing whatever they felt like doing, going anywhere they wanted, eating whatever they felt like.

Haru smiled as he remembered these things when he realized that Rin was moving. Rin turned his entire body towards the right and as if on the mark, hit his head against leg of Haru's bed. Now fully awake and groaning in pain, Rin was rolling on the fall, having both hands on his forehead. Haru smile and let out a small giggle as he was observing Rin. Rin got up, popping a joint in his neck and look at Haru. Suddenly, Haru started bursting out laughter. Rin looked at Haru, confused.

"What?!" Rin said obviously confused and angry.

"Rin....Your head....There's a huge bumped on it." Haru said as he tried to recomposed himself.

"Huh?! What did you mea...." Rin said as rushed towards the bathroom, to look at the mirror to see how badly the bump was. Staring at the mirror Rin gingerly touched the bump and winced in pain.

After a while, Rin came out of the bathroom, the bump, now was smaller when he had when he first hit his head against the bed leg.

Haru was sitting up on the bed when Rin walked over and kissed Haru on the lips, not giving Haru the chance to enjoy to the kiss fully. "That was your punishment for laughing at me." Rin grinned.

"Rin..." Haru was unsatisfied, started to ask Rin for more but then realized that Rin was eating his so called 'breakfast'. Rin had sweet egg, some stir fried vegetables, some meat and rice.

"What Haru?" Rin said as he took another bite of his food.

"No..It's nothing." Haru said realizing that Rin wouldn't give him what he wants right now.

"Jeez! Haru, you shouldn't give so easily. I would give you what you want if you begged a little bit more." Rin said as he put down his spoon, halfway through his meal and pushed the bento to one side.

Now looking at Haru, Rin leaned in closer to Haru and before Haru knew it, Rin was having his lips on Haru's. Haru was taken aback by the sudden kiss but he let Rin in. Their tongues collided and rubbed against each other. Saliva dripped down for the corner of Haru's mouth as the kiss got more intense by each passing moment. Rin guided Haru's tongue around his, all the while, making Haru hard.

Rin's hand trailed down to Haru's erection. Haru flinched when Rin touched it and he pull away from the kiss and push Rin away.

"Haru?" Rin said looking a bit hurt.

"....."

*knock* *knock* *knock*

Rin looked at the door then he decided to continue eating while Haru stared at Rin, searching for any sign that Rin might still want to do it after what he just did.

The person waited at the door for a few seconds before coming in, pushing a wheelchair. The nurse then took Haru IV drip and hung it on the metal hanger. "Nanase-san?" the nurse said as she gestured to the wheelchair, asking him to get on it. "It's time for your appointment."

Haru pull his blanket towards the side and started to get up when suddenly a wave of pain washed over his body. He flinched and groaned in pain. The nurse quickly helped him onto the wheelchair. Haru clenched his teeth as he tried to position himself in the wheelchair to get comfortable because the nurse didn't do a really good job of helping Haru on it.

The nurse then manoeuvred the wheel chair towards the direction of the door and pushed Haru out, before leaving the room, Haru took one last glanced at Rin.

"Rin...." Haru said softly.

"Haru, I will come back later. I need to get back to the school after I finish my food. Call me when you're done with your stuff."

"Sure."