Chapter Nine

"Hello? Haru? You there?"

Again, there was silence on the other end.

Rin was getting more and more worried every second that Haru didn't reply him. "Haru? Answer me! Damn it! Haru I'm serious! Answer. Please," Rin said clearly frustrated at the silence he was receiving from Haru.

After what had seems like forever to Rin, Haru finally answer with a simple, "Yeah?"

Nanase Haruka was trying to find words to answer his boyfriend on the phone but every time he tried to speak, nothing would come out and when Rin finally reached his boiling point and shouted in the phone to Haru to speak, all Haru could managed was to squeak out a 'yeah' to Rin.

Straight away Rin replied with a, "Huh? What do you mean by 'yeah'? Why didn't you answer me? "

"Rin, listen. We need to talk. Can you come over after school?" Haru's tone turned serious.

"Yeah, I want to but I have club today. The captain will give me an earful again if I skip again. I guess I will be there about 5?"

"Alright then can you tell Makoto and the others not to come? This is something between you and me. Rin, can you bring some mackerel as well?"

"Mackerel? Why the hell mackerel again? Okay fine I will bring it."

Then a long beep sound through Haru's phone, Rin had hung up. Haru sighed as he put away his phone. As if on time, the nurse came to pick Haru up and take him back to his room.

Rin charged through the water with intensity, obviously trying to take out his frustration and anxiousness while swimming.

As Rin finished his lap and got of the water, Nitori came and handed Rin a towel, "Ahh, here you go sempai!" Rin snatched the towel away from Nitori's hand and wiped his face and placed the towel around his neck, letting the water from his hair dripped down onto the towel.

"Hey Matsuoka. How's Nanase's condition?" Mikoshiba said as he walked towards the roommates.

"He's doing fine," Rin said diving into the pool again but before he threw the towel to Nitori who carelessly managed to catch it.

"There's something up with Matsuoka-sempai. He's being kind of on edge since he got back from the hospital this morning," Nitori said quietly as he and his captain as they watch Rin swim.

"Well, maybe they had a fight. Knowing him, Matsuoka can be insensitive sometimes," Mikoshiba said as he ran his fingers through his hair. "But it's the performance that counts and if Nanase can't recover in time for the National Japan Relay Swim off, I would have to take Matsuoka out and let Ryugazaki Rei or another one of our swimmers to compete since this is non-school competition."

"Yeah..." the grey-head agreed.

"Oh do you know that someone beaten up the suspects last month? They refused to say who beat them up, saying that the one who did it to them will come after them if they did, even with the police reassuring them, they still refused but one thing they did was admitting that they are the ones who beaten up and raped Nanase so I think Nanase will be relieved to know that they're going to be in jail for a long time since the judge decided to charge them in adult court."

"Ehh?! Really!? Matsuoka-sempai and Nanase-san will be quite happy!" Nitori said a bit giddy with happiness.

Rin surfaced from the water, removed his swimming cap and goggles, and shook the excess water out from his hair. He then got out from the pool and extended his hand towards Nitori, indicating that he wants the towel to wipe the water off his face and to put the towel over his head to absorb any more water dripping from his brownish red hair.