28 | swag&punk edit

hey guys, what is up, it's me melanie back with another kickass tutorial to make that boring old cover turn into a new beautiful one (yes that's right i'm a lifesaver, you're welcome)

in this chapter i'll be showing you guys how to change the colour of your model's hair from brown to rainbow and whatever colour you want and make your model look punk and swag (thus the name of this chapter was born)

this can be done on any photo editing app (picsart, superimpose, pixlr etc.) and it's super simple and easy to do.

and in case you didn't know, i'll be stopping this book at chapter 35 and will be writing and publishing a new one (book cover tips 2) which will hopefully be better, more organised and easier for everyone to read and understand.

without further ado, let's get on with the tutorialll

——-—

< step one >

create a basic cover. you can use layouts, textures, do some blending etc. until you're happy with what you have. (check out the previous chapter on how to do blending, you can check out previous chapters for textures and layouts)

add your face claim and adjust the brightness, contrast etc. and adjust the position until you're satisfied with how it looks.

< step two >

open up a coloured picture as your foreground. it can be a plain colour (like red, blue etc.) or it can be a gradient, up to you.

place the coloured foreground over the faceclaim's hair and make sure it covers it's WHOLE HAIR

< step three >

go to the "blend" tab and select "screen"

make sure ALL the hair is being coloured by the coloured foreground (ok i'm not explaining this well i'm sorry)

use the brush tool to erase around the edges and do some blending etc. (if you want to) until you're satisfied with how it looks.

if some of the coloured foreground is "sticking" out of the hair (like on the background or clothes etc.) just erase those away with the brush tool

save your work when you're satisfied with how it looks :))

< step four >

go to your font app (i'm using phonto) and asd your text.

save when you're done and satisfied with how your kickass cover looks

viola, and you're done \(^.^)/

here's my example :

yes i know it's very crappy don't hate on me guys i was rushing to make this so i could release it asap (spamming chapters to make up for my long absence)

here's another one i made like forever ago (it was for my friend who was a big fan of christina grimmie and she wanted me to make it for her after christina died). posted on my instagram (for graphics) and it got reposted by a christina fan account ;))

 posted on my instagram (for graphics) and it got reposted by a christina fan account ;))

———

hope this tutorial helped ;)) if you have any questions, leave a comment or two on this chapter or you can pm me.

remember to vote, comment, and share! and if you want to (highly encouraged hoho), be a gem and click that follow button to become part of my little legal squad (name of my followers basically).

thank you for reading! stay cool and sweet x

~ melanie :P

P.S ZENDAYA IS MY QUEEN SHE SLAYS SHE'S LIFE SHE'S EVERYTHING (AND I TOTALLY RUINED HER IN MY PHOTO EDIT I'M SORRY GUYS)