23 | outlines

~ hey hey hey! i can't believe i updated more than once in a week, shocking i know. i'm feeling so motivated rn and i have tons of tutorial ideas that i'll be sharing with you guys soon :)~

Hey guys :) In this chapter, I'll be teaching you guys how to outline your model (also called a face claim) and make your cover look better ;)

In case you don't know what outlining your models are, here's an example that I created :

Outlines are fairly simple to do and will make your cover look better. It's easy to learn and quick to pick up! Lots of cover makers out there use outlines :P

Without further ado, let's get on with the tutorial :D

Step 1.
Open up your background in your photo editing app (i'm using picsart mobile). It can be any background, so long as the colour white can show up on it.

Step 2.
Open up the image of your face claim (must be a png) as your foreground. Adjust its position and place it wherever you want it to be (preferably in the center).

Once you're happy with the position of your face claim, save.

example :

Step 3.
Go to the 'draw' tab and select the brush. Change the thickness of the brush if you want to. The brush thickness should be thin by the way.

Make sure the colour of the brush is white.

Here are the settings I used :

Step 4.
Start to outline your face claim. All you need to do is to draw a border like thing around your face claim. It doesn't have to be very detailed.

Save when done.

Example :

Step 5.
Go to your font app and enter your title, subtitle if you have one, and author's name.

And you're done!

See, pretty simple right?

Here's my crappy example, oops

I know it sucks but I was in a rush :') Forgive me please >

I know it sucks but I was in a rush :') Forgive me please >.<  Also, my sister (AmethystHopes) is taking graphic requests right now, if you're in need of a cover, do visit her profile!

h o p e t h i s h e l p s y o u : )

~ question of the chapter : have a superpower or be immortal? ~

~ thought for the chapter :  is it ok for parents to be overprotective? why/why not? ~

n o t e :

if you guys have any tutorial requests or just any questions in general (it can be about anything :D), do leave a comment! i always try my best to reply :) in case i get swamped with notifications (i get a lot of notifs so i don't see some comments), post a message on my message board or PM me and i'll get back to you asap.

remember, if you are in any trouble, or you need someone to talk to, someone to trust and rant to, or if you just need to get something off your chest, my PMs are always open and i'll always be here for you guys to talk to :)

i love all my followers and readers, i wouldn't be where i am today without them <3

xx melanie

[ thank you for reading! remember to vote, comment and share this book with your friends ]