32

*Xiumin's POV*

            I looked at (Y/N) who was finally by my side after so long. I feel like I haven't seen her in so long. She looked tired, I could see that she was beginning to form bags under her eyes and I know that it's because of me. But she still looks so beautiful and it never surprised me when she takes my breath away. The thought of having her cry and worry over me, staying up all night waiting for me, hurts so much. My love, she doesn't deserve this.

How did I get so lucky to have her be mine?

Death hovered above us with a wicked smile, I wanted so badly to rip off his face. I glanced around the room where we were, trying to figure out any possible form of escape. I looked at (Y/N) in panic when I couldn't figure anything out. I noticed her hand was firmly holding onto a gun, I know guns work for ghost and the reapers but would it have any effect on Death? We really have nothing to lose at this point.

            "Look at the panic in your eyes, isn't this fun. You two lovebirds are finally reunited and now get to die together" he clapped his hands together like he was a child

            "That's not going to happen" (Y/N) sneered

            "So who wants to die first, maybe Xiumin first and you can suffer for a while then you'll follow" pointing at (Y/N) then at me "or would Xiumin suffer watching you die more, ah all these choices" Death pondered his sick plan ignoring us now

            "(Y/N)" I whispered getting her attention "Take the shot and run, I'll be right behind you" I said taking her hand, as she nodded

            In only a second, I saw her pull the gun out with one hand and pointed it directly at Death's head. She bit her lip closing one eye getting her aim down then I saw her finger pull the trigger. I turned around before I could see Death's reaction to the shot. (Y/N) pulled me with her running to where she had come from. I heard Death's scream, so the bullet did work on him. This is our chance.

            We barely made it to the first steps of some stairs leading upwards when the wall next to us exploded from a blast that Death caused. I could hear Death saying something I couldn't understand, his voice sent chills down my spine, it sounded like he was saying some type demonic chants that I couldn't understand. Oh no we must have really made him mad.

            "(Y/N)! Xiumin!" We both looked up and saw everyone staring at us wide eyes

            "Run!" I shouted back as we all sprinted up the stairs that were catching fire behind me

            We were all able to make it out into the forest. Thankfully they all came prepared with weapons. Luhan handed me a loaded gun and I pulled (Y/N) with me behind a tree. I couldn't be happier to see them right now but I knew that there was no way we were going to be able to run away from this. We'll have to end this now.

            I heard the hisses of the reapers before I could see them. I've never heard so many, I looked towards (Y/N) who was at my side. I have to protect her at all costs. The others hid behind the trees like us, and I could see the fear in some of their eyes. At least we have been training for this we can take them.

I made eye contact with Chen and the day we first met flashed across my mind. The way he spoke to me, how quickly he wanted to help me. It was easy to say that day was the day I met my best friend. As quick as the memory came it disappeared when I saw a reaper come up behind him then pull him down. He instantly began to fight and got the upper hand but more began to appear.