Chapter 5 Hiking

Começar do início

Xiao sighed in frustration, "You really don't get it. The platform where we were to resupply is now occupied by the Surge organization. Their aim is to prevent this craft from making it to the Shire with the uranium. With the organization's ability they will locate you long before the base does. Do you really think they are going to treat you to a tea party?"

"It's ..." everyone hesitated. The students were at a loss, their fear confusion and fear struggling within them.

Only Captain White stepped forward approaching Liv and said, "I'm coming with you."

Captain White and Xiao were the last to leave the craft, they closed the hatch with heavy hearts.

"Ah...Captain White sighed, "Come on, their choices are not necessarily wrong."

Captain White and Xiao Yan have both witnessed the abilities of Mark and Burton. Even if the Surge doesn't decide to destroy the craft, they both still believe the highest chance of survival is following Heine rather than staying behind.

Sunlight filters through the tangled branches and leaves, creating large expanses of shadow. The sky is gradually tinting a darkened orange hue as the day wanes.

 Xiao Yan's hears the rustles and chirps of birds roosting, then as night falls the whole world descends into a disturbing silence.

His boots step into a pile of rocks and weeds, the slight sound piercing the night. In front of him is Mark and behind him are Captain White and Liv.

He can't see anything in front of him,he can only try to match Mark's path.

Suddenly Mark stilled.

"What is the matter?"

"Shhh...." Mark set down the box and pulled into a combative position. A pair of bright green eyes glowed ominously in the night.

Xiao held his breath, even if he had never seen one, he has read about them in various sources. A beast known as the wolf. Although not particularly large, they are strong, cunning and vicious-. not to mention they possess an astounding bite force.

Liv turned and positioned herself at Mark's back, readying her weapon. Xiao was uncertain which creature was more dangerous in the jungle. He had seen zombies, but the wolves were an unknown.

Captain White gulped fearfully, the sound seemed to reverberate in the tense atmosphere.

As the pack of wolves approached, Xiao stared at them in awe, he had never seen a wild beast.

They did not howl, instead they growled lowly.