Chapter Two

I fell, and the bees were coming, then…

Just as about the bees stung me, I died.

But wait, no. I didn’t. My eyes were just dead shot.

I slowly opened my eyes to peek at what happened. I was amazed. The bees froze.

All of them.

What magic did this? Did it come from the lovely, omnipotent force from the deep, dark well? Curious as I may seem, a head of a cat formed in front of me. But its face was invisible.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk. Such a bad little girl.”

Oh my god. It was the “cat”.

“If you wish to go on with your life, go on. But I tell you – none of your non-sense fairy tales exist. All of you children were forced to believe that all these stories end up happily ever after, but they don’t. Now, go on. I know you have some fairy tale in your mind. Some shit about destroying the world. Yeah, every. Single. Creature knows about that. So, go. Run. While you still have the chance.”

That was offensive. But I ran as fast as I could away from it. I ran as fast as I could against all that blocked me – some weird animals, tree branches, crawling vines. I didn’t let a thing stop me.

Until finally, I reached one of the majestic castles I had seen earlier. I looked around and found safety. No dark force.

I trod on towards the castle with a little skimping due to the sprain. I trod, and trod, and trod, until I happened upon a white rabbit at the entrance. It was wearing a one eyed glass. It’s like one of those old American glasses. But just for one eye. And…he was wearing a suit especially made for rabbits? Hmm, twisted Alice In Wonderland for coincidence?

Again, it spoke. Random stuff keep speaking to me, eh?

“Oh, dear. Oh, my, my. It is you! All we have been awaiting for!”

The rabbit clapped in astonishment, and I too clapped in astonishment. The rabbit bit the carrot from his pocket, and so did I. And I bit it like a rabbit. The rabbit called everyone, with anything but similar names like “Aurora”, “Maleficent”, “Cruella de Vil”, and I shouted all the same names. He acted like a rabbit, and I too did. The rabbit snapped, and I too snapped. And then finally myself again, stopped acting like it.

The rabbit opened the gates of the castle, and lo and behold. It’s not that type of castle you’d expect to see. Well, not yet anyway.

As far as I know, castles looked beautiful and peaceful and luxurious and everything nice – but this. This. It’s like a vampire castle. Webbed, spiders crawled over them, black mist came from random places. And hmm, seems like a suitable place for me to live. But no, Disney characters are living here.

I continued to walk down the hall until the black, big, sharped horns of Maleficent appeared. And it was her. Her eyes. Her beautiful eyes saw me and stared at me. Then smiled her smirking smile. She looked beguiling.

“Ah. I was long expecting from you. The force sent you here?”

I nodded. And smirked her smirking smile.

Then she laughed her villainy laugh. And I laughed her villainy laugh.

“Destroy the world, huh? Yes, yes. I understand. I fully understand how you feel. The misery, yes! You want to conquer and make everyone love you! Let me show you to a room.”

I followed her. Didn’t know where we were going, but as we go in deeper, everything started to get creepier. More webs, more spiders, more black mist, and some black crows appeared out of nowhere. And finally, we arrived in our destination.

It was sleeping beauty’s room.

Holy shit. It’s really her. Aurora.

“Ah, you know?” Maleficent spoke as she fiddle with Aurora’s gold hair.

“Ah, her prince charming never worked. What, it’s been like, more than a hundred years! And nothing! No one came. There is no true love. There is no such thing as peace. Nor beauty.” And  staring at me again, she continued, “let us make everyone hate each other. Let’s destroy the world! Won’t it be fun, don’t you think?”

I smirked. Of course.

She offered me her hand, and I clung on to it. At that moment, I swear I was infinite. It was my time. My chance to rule. And I will not forsake this.

As she pulled my hands, we walked on together to her “basement” so I could see her powers. Out of the blue she stopped, stared at me, lifter her right hand, then strangled me so strong, and so tight.