Chapter 13 Torn

(Mia's POV)

"Come on , get your lazy ass up !"

"Wow , thanks for the kind words Austin . This is exactly how every girl wants to be woken up by her husband . " Note my sarcasm

"I already told you,not to call me that! We are not husband and wife and I'm going to keep screaming it at your face until you get that through your thick skull! "

So...  this is how I've been waking up lately. Austin screaming in my face and than angrily storming out my room . He usually threw a few punches at me before leaving  but since I'm carrying his "heir " he doesnt want to "damage the goods " , as he put it. 

I mean,  how is this even my life ? I thought dad would've come by now ? Or alteast send help , but ...nothing. 

Everyday I sit at my window and stare out onto the gravel road just waiting , and waiting till my dad's Rover pulls up to save me . But ...it never does .

A stray tear fall down my face as I quickly wipe it before Austin sees me crying again , i wouldn't want a repeat of last time .

*flashback*

As per usual im busy making Austin's breakfast. He wants Waffels today not that I have a problem with that but ... the waffle maker is extremely high up on the shelf , out of my reach.  Which by the way I feel he asked on purpose for waffels knowing I wouldn't be able  to reach it , so he'll get a laugh out of my struggle .

Anyway I stand on my tippy toes trying as best to reach it but , it's  like 10 times harder when you're  1 almost 2 months pregnant , even though I'm barely showing .

As i reached up I smiled in victory as I could feel my finger tips on the tip of the Waffel maker , all I had to do was pull it off .

Doing so I reached up a little higher when my foot slipped on the rug causing me to fall backwards . Luckily it wasn't a far fall so I didn't get hurt . But when  I Looked up all I saw was a broken waffel maker that must've fallen when I did .

Quickly trying to pick it up before Austin sees it I heard the most horrific sound making my blood run cold , Austin clearing his throat behind me.

"A-austin I can e-explain ..." I said with fear clear in my voice .

"Explain what ? That I  let you into my house , give you a roof above your head and food to make me , then you go around breaking my things? "

"Austin , it's not like that ... I mean... I tried to reach it but -but my foot slipped and - and it fell ..."  Near the end I was full on sobbing and it's all because of these damn hormones.

"Quit your crying!  You know how I hate it when people cry . Only weaklinks Cry !"

"I-I'm sorryyyy it's just ... you know I can't help it , it's my hormones that's all out of wack ..."  I said trying to reason with him

"Oh ! So now this is my fault?!"

"I -I didn't say that I mean I thought that ... but I didn't say it ." My reasoning not doing so well as I thought ,I received a smack against the cheek,  hard. 

Then if that wasn't bad enough he grabbed me by the hair and pulled me to the basement (which by the way is cold , dark and dirty . Basically it like an old prison cell , not even a window in sight) throwing me in and locking the door behind him .

So ... he left me here . Alone , in the dark , in the cold , without food or water . The only sound heard was the sound of my sobs . Until he later came back and let me out .

I asked him why he put me there to starve and he said " to teach you a lesson. Don't raise your voice at me and don't talk back " as much as I wanted to give him a piece of  my mind,  I knew it wasn't the best thing to do.

I was tired , cold,  dirty and most of all starving . I mean I can live a while with out food and all but i would never intentionally let myself starve,  i wouldn't get it over my heart if I let my little jelly bean starve because of me .

So I vow to never let  him see  me with a tear in my eye again.  Even if it is the only way I can keep my jelly bean safe and healthy.

*end of flashback*

Getting up and getting dressed I went downstairs and to be honest a little afraid that Austin might be waiting for me.

I sigh in relief when I see no sign of him near .

****

After a few hours of heavenly and much needed  alone time I decided to check up on him , not having heard from him since this morning .

I make my way to his office bracing myself before knocking .

Nothing .

But I can hear movement ...

I knock again

Nothing.

Ok now I'm just walking in

As I shoved the doors open I sure wished I didnt .

Before me are 6 masked men tackling Austin to the ground .

To be honest I was a little torn. I wasn't sure to take the chance and run or stay and enjoy the show .

Nope . Run.  I thought when things started getting more violent. 

Slowly I backed out the room until my back hit a wall . As arms wrap around me and a hand with a cloth comes to view .

The last thing I see is Austin's body going limp with the same cloth.

Sorry for the late update but here it is !!!!! What do you think ? Let me know by commenting and Voting ❤❤❤