thirteen.

Melissa

I stood in the elevator trying to remain calm even though my thoughts were running a million miles per minute. I was trying hard to calm myself down in order to avoid a panic attack.

"Just calm down, it'll be okay" Harry said rubbing circles in my back.

"Just act like you don't know anybody and be clueless" Ashton suggested.

"Now that would just be plain rude. She can't do that" Harry argued.

"Well, what do you suggest?" Ashton asked.

"Let's just introduce her like normal and we'll let the rest play out. We should keep our cool to avoid any and all unnecessary drama" Harry said.

"Alright, if you say so" Ashton shrugged.

I gulped as the two doors opened and the hallway came into view. I took a deep breath and followed both of them down the hall and into the breakfast room.

"Alright here we go" Harry whispered as we approached a group of tables where their bandmates sat. They were all engrossed in their conversations and food to notice us.

"Hey guys!" Ashton yelled grabbing their attention.

"Morning Ash" A few people mumbled.

"Guys I'd like you to meet my cousin, Melissa" Ashton said moving aside and letting them make eye contact with me.

I smiled and waved as multiple sets of eyes made contact with mine.

"Hello" I waved trying to keep my cool.

A guy with dark hair and warm brown eyes smirked as he stood up and grabbed my hand.

"It's nice to meet you love " He spoke placing a gentle kiss on my hand.

"Easy there Zayn" Harry frowned.

"She yours?" Zayn asked.

"No" Harry said.

"Then no harm no foul" Zayn smirked giving a wink before sitting back down.

"Ignore him he's just a big flirt. It's so wonderful to meet you darling" Another guy spoke as he stood up and pulled me into a warm hug. He had brown hair and blue eyes that held a slight green tint to them. They were very pretty.

"My name's Louis, you've already met Zayn unfortunately, that's Niall, he's funny and Irish, and that's Liam he's basically the Dad of the group" Louis said pointing out the rest of his bandmates.

"It's nice to meet you all" I smiled letting my gaze linger on Liam. He was very attractive. His light brown almost caramel hair was styled nicely and his beautiful light brown eyes glistened with happiness.

"Lovely to meet you too" Liam and Niall said.

"And these are my band mates. Luke and Calum" Ashton introduced me.

"Hey Melissa! Nice to meet you" Luke and Calum waved.

"Nice to meet you guys too" I nodded.

"Where's Michael?" Ashton asked.

"Probably still asleep" Calum shrugged.

"Who's still asleep?" A raspy voice spoke up.

I froze and it felt as though time went slow. I gulped as I turned around and faced the guy who used to be my world. As I faced him his face expression visibly changed from happy to confused.

"Melissa?" He asked with a gleam in his eye.

"Hi" I spoke quietly.

"Well, now that you've met everyone let's eat!" Ashton interrupted him before he could say anything and pulled me to the table.