eight.

Melissa

"You're going to do what !?" Michael asked as his eyes widened at the sudden news.

"You heard me. I'm going to donate one of my kidneys" I explained for the second time.

"But why?" he asked.

"Because I want to and because I can" I said.

"But I don't want you to!" he pouted.

"It doesn't matter if you don't want me to do it. It's my body and my life. Besides, there's something else I need to tell you" I responded.

"There's more? Oh my freaking gosh!" he exclaimed.

"I think we should break up" I muttered unable to look at him.

"Why?" he asked.

"I just think it's what's best for us. We need to go our separate ways".

I looked up to see his reaction but immediately regretted it. Tears were pooling in his greenish blueish eyes. I looked down at my hands in my lap. He slipped two fingers underneath my chin and lifted my head up to look at him. We looked into each others eyes for a few moments before I squeezed my eyes shut. If I look into his eyes long enough I'll take him back and I couldn't. This isn't the first time he's tried that technique to get what he wants.

"Can I at least kiss you before you go?" he whispered.

I nodded wanting nothing more than the taste of his lips one last time before we go our separate ways, before I never see him again. He dipped his head in and our lips met halfway. This kiss was so much different than all the other ones we've shared. When we would kiss it would usually turn into a really heated make out session or sex. But this kiss was different. It was full of sorrow and it was almost as if he was pleading for me not to go with his lips. We both pulled away before kissing once more. This time I pulled away and got up off the hospital bed he was at. I walked to the door but before I could make it out he spoke up.

"If I change, will you stay?" he asked. I sighed before turning around to face him.

"No, I wouldn't." I bravely replied.

"Why?" he asked.

"Became you can't just come around and fix it up everytime you mess up, which is constantly. I gave you chance after chance and it was more then enough."

"I'll do better next time! I promise! Baby please, don't go! You can't leave me!" he pleaded.

"There won't be a next time" I turned around on my heel and left out the door. I couldn't help but cry when I reached the elevator. Michael had been my first for everything. My first kiss, first person I ever had sex with, he gave me my first hickey. But guess it was time to let go.

I reached my floor and got out to go to Ashton's room. I knocked lightly before going in. He was watching some wrestling while Harry was asleep on the couch.

"Hey! Where have you been? I was so worried" he said turning the volume of the television down so I could respond.

"I was here, I was just in another room. I was being tested." I said.

"Tested for what? Are you okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine, great actually. I have some news to tell you. But first I need Harry awake because he needs to hear this too" I said.

"Harry! Get up!" Ashton yelled playfully.

"What?!" Harry exclaimed sitting up from his nap. His face and eyes all full of exhaust.

"Sorry to interrupt your beauty sleep but I have to tell you guys something. Now, I don't know how you'll take this but please don't be mad at me" I pleaded.

"Please don't tell me you have an STD?" Ashton asked his eyes going wide with fear.

"No, no, ew no! That's not what's happening" I gagged.

"Okey, then what's up?" Harry asked ruffling his curly brown locks.

"I'm going into surgery in two hours to remove one of my kidneys." I said looking at both of them.

"Why? What's wrong with your kidney?" Harry asked.

"Nothing's wrong. I'm donating it to a boy who needs it. He's been waiting for two years for a perfect match. And I'm that perfect match. I want to help him. I want him to be okey" I smiled looking at the two of them as their faces relaxed.

"We thought you were sick or something. I'm so proud of you. You're going to make a difference in someone else's life." Ashton smiled giving me a hug.

"I just heard of him and I knew I needed to do this. It's what's best for me. It's time I made my own choices and do my own thing" I sighed contently as they both wrapped their arms around me. I looked at the clock and panicked.

"Oh no, I gotta get back into my room."

"I'll page the nurse so you can be in this room again" Ashton smiled. After ten minutes of waiting the nurse finally cleared out the other room so that I could stay with Ashton and Harry again. They prepped me for the surgery and I said my "See you laters" to the boys. The last thing I remember was laying on the operating table and counting to ten before passing out.