What is conversion therapy?

Conversion Therapy is a [mostly] Asian 'treatment' to being Homosexual. It is a prejudice homophobic practice that forces homosexuals into therapy to treat their 'gayness'. The meaning behind it is to turn someone straight again, or convert their sexuality to heterosexual. Conversion therapy has never truly been proven to actually serve its intended purpose and does more harm than "good".

EVIDENCE.

"A 2009 APA task force found that conversion therapies, despite being touted by religious organizations, have little evidence to back them up. A review of studies from 1960 to 2007 found only 83 on the topic, the vast majority of which did not have the experimental muscle to show whether the therapies achieved their stated goals. .... These studies did find that conversion therapy could be harmful, however. Negative effects included "loss of sexual feeling, depression, suicidality and anxiety (Live Science)."

-
"Homosexuality is not considered a mental disorder, so the American Psychological Association (APA) does not recommend "curing" same-sex attraction in any case. Instead, societal ignorance, prejudice and pressure to conform to heterosexual desires are the real dangers to gay people's mental health, according to a 1997 statement on "conversion" or "reparative" therapy by the APA."

-

DO NOT CONSIDER CONVERSION THERAPY. IT IS NOT A HEALTHY TREATMENT AND IS DOWN RIGHT STUPID. PLEASE DO NOT RESULT IN GETTING THIS AND DO NOT THINK YOU NEED THIS. YOU DON'T.

YOUR HOMOSEXUALITY IS BEAUTIFUL, BE YOURSELF. WRITE YOUR OWN STORY, YOU ONLY HAVE ONE BOOK: WHY WOULD SOMEONE ELSE WRITE IT FOR YOU. FUCK EVERYONE WHO SAYS DIFFERENT.

✊🏼- paradise.