Sadness (Plz don't kill me)

I was sitting in my chair talking softly to the baby in my stomach. John was at a war camp getting ready to fight. i had told him about the baby before he left. We were both ecstatic.

I'm now 7 months pregnant, and i can't wait!! i breath out slowly and decide i need snack. i get up from my very comfortable chair. oh, my back hurts. did i mention that chair was comfortable? i hobble down the stairs like a granny and go around the corner. i stop at the open doorway to the kitchen; i look in to see Lafayette and Herc staring at a piece of paper with tears on their eyes. "are you guys ok?" i ask walking forward slowly. Laf's head snaps up and his eyes widen when he sees me. "what is it?" he slowly hands me the piece of paper, only it's not a paper, it's a letter. i read through the letter.my eyes widen in shock and my eyes are filled with tears as i read it:

Dear friends and family of Mr. John Laurens,

We regret to inform you that Mr. Laurens has recently been proven KIA (Killed In Action). We are sorry to have to give this devastating information to you.

Sincerely,                                                                                                                                                                                                    G. Washington

My knees buckle and i drop to the floor in a bawling heap. The other two men in the room rush over to help me up, but i refuse, just wanting to die. "He's dead! Oh my God he's dead!" i screamed as they dragged me to my feet. Lafayette pulled me to his chest and whispered encouraging things into my ears. After i calmed down a bit, Herc gave me hug and told me that everything was going to be alright. i nodded reluctantly. i couldn't go on without John. i thought we would always be together. i had never even considered him dying. i put my hands on my head and pulled my hair. "Lafayette, when my child is born it will need a father to support it. could you.... since i was never officially married to- him, could you be the child's father?" it hurt me, but i needed someone to support my family, and i knew Lafayette would do it. he was so kind. he would be my next pick under John. 

He smiled and grabbed my hands, "of course, i would be honored." I hugged him.

"thank you...."

~time skip/after wedding/at hospital~

i had labored that kid out of my womb for 10 straight hours. the nurse was handing it to me. "it's a girl ma'am. congratulations!" i looked at my daughter...... she looked exactly like John. i took her into my arms and cried out of joy and sadness.

"you can let in the three people that brought me in." i said to the nurse. soon she returned with Lafayette, Eliza, and Alexander. "guys... she looks just like him." i said choking on my tears. she had his golden eyes, his curly brown hair, his cute little freckles.... everything. Eliza rushed over and took her in her arms. Lafayette- was, was he crying? aaw, sweet little Cinnamon Bun!

"what shall you name her?" Eliza asked, smiling brightly at my baby. i pondered that. i wanted that sounded like John's name.

"i think i will name her...... Jane (y/n) Laurens."

WHOOOOO!! that's the end guys!!!! did you like it? i know it was short, but i had a dream one night, and that was it. so this will be my second complete story! and also the last, maybe second to last update on my Wattpad page before i take my weekend break at my dad's house. i'll miss u guys! :( 

also this is my record for most words in a chapter!!!! 630 words! yay!!

hope you enjoyed!!! see you guys soon! <3