Chapter 25: Now I'm Gone

I watch Justin walk up to me and Ryder (we are standing on the middle of the field).

I hold onto Ryder's hand. Justin tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. Ryder then pushes Justin away.

"Leave her alone," Ryder said. Justin smiles and he then pulls out a gun.

"You shouldn't have pushed me Ryder," he said and he shoots him. I scream. Tears roll down my cheeks. Justin then points the gun at me.

"If I can't have you, then no one can," he said. I close my eyes and I hear a gun shot.

I open my eyes and I sit up in my bed. I look around my room. All I see is my posters of celebrities and friends. I take a deep breath.

Thank god. It was just a dream.

I put my hand on my forehead.

"Gracie!" I look up and I see Jake and Puck next to my bed. "Are you okay? We heard you screaming," Jake said.

I was actually screaming?

I nod and I hug Jake.

"Did you have the dream gain?" He said and I nod. He starts rubbing my back. "It's okay Gracie. It's going to be all over soon."

Yeah, but when will this end? When will all the dreams and the abuse end?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk into Glee with Jake and Ryder.

"I like what you're wearing. It's...well...you," Ryder said with a smile. I look down at my outfit.

I am wearing a light grey loose singlet with the eiffel tower on it, black tights, and black comverse.

I smile at Ryder.

"Thank you," I said quietly and I kiss him. We walk over to some seats and we sit there. Mr Shue then walks in.

"Okay. Does anyone want to sing their song?" He said and he looks around the room. He then sees me. "Emily? Do you have a song?" I nod. I then stand up and I walk to the front of the choir room.

"Umm...I dedicate to the three most important guys in my life," I said with a little confidence. Ryder smiles. I see Lucas smiling too. Oh no. I nod my head at the band and they start to play. "You guys can join in if you like." I start to clap with the song.

Can't count the years on one hand

That we've been together

I need the other one to hold you

Make you feel, make you feel better

It's not a walk in the park

To love each other

But when our fingers interlock,

Can't deny, can't deny you're worth it

'Cause after all this time I'm still into you

I should be over all the butterflies

But I'm into you (I'm into you)

And baby even on our worst nights

I'm into you (I'm into you)

Let 'em wonder how we got this far

'Cause I don't really need to wonder at all

Yeah, after all this time I'm still into you

Recount the night that

I first met your mother