Chapter 54: Farewell

I sit in my room at home and I look around my room which has boxes and a few suitcases.

We won Nationals. It was amazing. I don't know how we did it, but you know, we did it. Santana wasn't too happy about Haylee and I ditching Heart Attack, but then she kinda wasn't as mad when we won Nationals. Unfortunately, I wasn't aloud to beat Lucas with our winning trophy.

Also, Quinn wasn't too happy that we magically appeared in New Directions again, but she was also happy when he came back with the trophy.

Jake and Puck walk into my room and they sit next to me.

"So, you're really leaving," Puck said and I nod while holding back my tears.

Today is the day that I leave for good. Leave to go to New York and start over again. Hopefully, it won't end badly.

"Yep," I said and I look up at Puck. "I'm gonna miss you guys so much. You know that, right?" He smiles and I hug him. "I'm gonna miss you guys so so so much." I let go of Puck and I hug Jake. "You guys need to visit Ryder and I, otherwise I'll go insane." I part with Jake and he looks at me weirdly.

"Ryder?" He said and I raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah. He's coming with me," I said and Jake grabs my hand.

"Gracie..." Then, Ryder bursts into the room and looks at me.

"Em, do you want me to take you to the train station?" He asks and I raise an eyebrow.

"That would be a good idea, since we're both going," I said and he then walks out of the room with my two suitcases.

Why is everyone acting weird? Is it because we're leaving? But then that wouldn't explain for Ryder's behaviour.

"Gracie?" I look to my side to see Jake. "Be careful out there, okay? I know I'm being an overprotective brother, but I want you to be safe," he said and I smile.

"I promise I'll be careful and safe," I said with a smile and I get up from the bed. We all then walk down the stairs and out the door. I walk over to Ryder's car while the other two walk to Puck's car. "Where are you guys going? Shouldn't we all take the same car?" Jake and Puck look at each other before looking at me.

"We'll take our car. Meet you guys there," Puck said and they hop into his car.

What the hell is going on with everyone?

"Babe?" I turn around to see Ryder. "Ready to go?" He asks and I nod. We then hop in the car and he drives us to the train station. The ride to the train station was awkward and silent for some reason. When we get there, I take off my seat belt and look at Ryder.

"Let's go, babe. You ready for New York?" I ask him. I notice that he hasn't taken his seat belt off and he's just sitting there. My smile fades as he sits there in silence. "Ryder? What's wrong? Why is everyone acting weird today?" He then looks at me with tears in his eyes. I quickly put my hands on his cheeks as he looks into my eyes.

"I'm not going to New York with you," he said. My eyes widen as my heart shatters and I lower my hands.

"W-what?" I said, making sure that I heard him correctly. He lowers his hands from the steering wheel and he looks down at his hands.

"I'm not going to New York with you, Em," he said and I look straight ahead. Tears start to roll down my cheeks.

"B-but I thought you were coming with me," I said and I place my hand on my chest. "W-we were going to be together there a-and go to high school together."

"What if I like my school here? What if I don't want to leave everything behind?" He said and I look up at him.

"You wouldn't be leaving everything behind. You would have me," I said and I place my hand on top of his. He then moves his hand away and I look at him with shock.

Ryder...

"We better get you on that train before it leaves," he said and he leaves the car.

Are you kidding me? This is your way of saying goodbye to me?

I walk out of the car and to the boot of the car. I grab my suitcases out of it since Ryder had already opened the boot and I start to walk away.

"Em," Ryder said and I stop walking.

"What?" I said and as I turn around, Ryder pulls me close to him and he kisses me. I quickly let go of my suitcases and I wrap my arms around his neck as tears roll down my cheeks. We part and we touch foreheads.

"I love you, okay?" He said as he tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. I then nod.

"I love you too. I'll always love you," I said and I give him a quick peck before turning around, wiping my tears away and taking a deep breath. I then grab my suitcases and I walk with Ryder towards the train. I take a deep breath and I start to sing.

Emily-Grace:
I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

When I reach the train, I see everyone from Glee Club waiting for me. I run up to Michaela and Rose, and I hug them to death. When I pull away, their eyes are filled with tears. I quickly hug them again before moving on to Haylee. She wraps her arms around and she twirls me around. When we pull away from each other, I wipe away her tears. I smile at her and she smiles back.

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

I then hug my brothers again. I hug them for a while before I hug Unique and Marley. Then, everyone group hugs me and tears start to fall down my face. When they stop, I grab my suitcases and I slowly make my way onto the train. I take a seat near the window and I look at all of them, especially Ryder.

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

The train starts to move slowly and I watch as everyone slowly moves by me, except for Ryder. He starts running after the train. I put my hand on the window as I watch him with tears rolling down my cheeks.

You used to captivate me by your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away all the sanity in me

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

Ryder stops running and he disappears. I watch out the window as he starts to disappear in the distance. Tears stream down my face.

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

The train stops and before I knew it, I was in New York. I grab my suitcases and I walk off the train.

... ah, me... ah, me... ah...  

I take a few deep breaths and I walk along the street.

Hello New York.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SONGS:
My Immortal-Evanescence

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the end of 'Junior Year'. Thank you for reading this book series. I don't know if I'm going to write a third book. If I do, it would only be like 15 chapters or something and knowing me, I would be bad at remembering to upload chapters.
Again, sorry for not uploading the last few chapters quickly. My memory is bad and I totally forgot about this book XD Anyway, goodbye everyone and thank you all for commenting or voting or even reading my book/s. You're all awesome and thank you again :P

Adios