Blood and bows

(Y/n) POV

We were called for a team meeting while Keith was in a healing pod bc we knew that him talking about me and people arguing about me would set him off. Allura wasn't allowed either this was a secret meeting in my room.

"So (y/n) what did you find whilst looking for your lion?" Shiro asked.

I pulled out the bow and arrow with the note that was apparently from my dad.

"Can you read the note out loud please" shiro asked.

"Day 57
I have been constantly trying to find a way to escape afraid that I might not make it. In case I don't I have injected a sample on my daughters blood into the bow and arrow. So if she doesn't find me at least she finds something from me. I have used my scientific skills to make sure that she will feel a type of energy to draw her too it. I don't know who my father is or what happened but this is all the evidence we have. (That took way to long to copy and paste). I quickly stated. Lance could tell this was touchy for me so he rubbed my back to reassure me.

"Ok can we see the bow?" Shiro asked.

"Yes" I handed him the bow.

"Pidge can you find out where this bow is from?" Shiro said.

"Sure, but in order to do that I need a sample...(y/n) may I" pidge asked.

"Go ahead" I said.

She cut a bit of the bow off for a sample of the wood and I let out a deafening scream.

"(Y/n)! What's wrong are you okay!?" Lance asked.

"I think since her blood is in the bow she like feels what happens to the bow?" Pidge explained sort of questioning it.

I clutched my arm in pain. "Y-yea me too"
"Sooo we cant get a sample of the bow without hurting (y/n) but if we don't get a sample we can't figure out (y/n)s past or family." Pidge stated.

"I give you permission to take samples if it's for my past and family" I said.

" ok this is gonna hurt but if you say so" Pidge explained.

"Go ahead" I said.

Pidge cut off more of the wood and tears streamed down my face. Lance was hugging me to calm me down. She finished taking the samples and by now there was a puddle of tears on my bed. Every one left the room to do their thing except for one Paladin. Lance.

"Hey you ok?" He asked cupping my face in his hands.

"Y-Yea I'm fine it just hurt a little" I stated.

"Well it's over now so your fine...right?" Lance asked.

"Right" I replied. Without thinking I went to put a kiss on his cheek but him being the sneaky sneak he is, he moved his head so my lips landed on his. I didn't mind it though so I wrapped my arms around his neck showing I was okay with his swift move. He then wrapped his arms around my waist. But of course we had to be interrupted. FLASH standing at the doorway was pidge holding a camera taking a picture of us kissing. I quickly pulled away. "Pidge wtf!"

"Heehehhehehehehehhehee I'm putting this on my shipping wall. Anyways I'm going to have to ask you a question" she said.

"Whaaaaattt" I flopped back onto my bed.

"I don't have enough info so I'm going to have to take some of your blood and some of the blood from the bow" pidge explained.

"I give you my permission" I sighed.

" thank you" she said pulling out a needle.

I gave her my arm and closed my eyes ready for the pain. Lance held my hand in case I needed it. Then she started taking blood from me. It hurt but not to bad. I squeezed Lances hand just a bit but not to much.

"Aaaaaannnnnddddd done!" Pidge exclaimed. "Thank you!"

"Welcome" I said taking my arm back.

"Ok now I need some from the bow soooooo this might hurt more I'm not sure" she said.

"Go ahead" I calmly stated.

Then she started sucking the liquid out of the bow with a syringe. This. Freaking. Hurt. I dug my nails into the palm of my hand while squeezing Lances, holding back a scream biting my lip. Lance hated seeing me like this so he kissed me on the forehead. Once it ended I rolled onto the floor panting.

"This...better...be helpful" I said between breaths.

"It will Be bye!" Pidge exclaimed quickly leaving the room to do her tests.

"(Y/n) are you ok?" Lance asked.

I lied on my back "I'm fine...just tired"

"Ok I'll leave and you can sleep" he said.

" no don't leave please" I pleaded.

"But dont you want to sleep?" He asked.

"Yea But I don't think I can alone...I'm not trying to say that in a sexual way I'm just saying I need someone there for me." I said.

He chuckled. "Ok I'll stay" he then reached out a hand to help me up. I took it and lied on the bed next to him not caring I was still in my day clothes. After about a half an hour of  lying there Lance fell asleep. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to his so my face was on his chest. I was  startled by his sudden movement but slowly relaxed to the sound of his heart beat. Thump thump...thump thump...thump thump. My eye lids were getting heavy and my brain was getting tired signaling that I was about to fall sleep. My brain quickly retraced everything that happened earlier that day even pidge taking that picture. That must've been a a good picture. The last thing I remember before drifting off to sleep was me thinking 'good thing Keith is in a healing pod' then I fell asleep in Lances arms.

Word count:1013