Chapter Thirty-nine: The Return

Start from the beginning

It's the doors. Those two doors are glowing immensely now.

"What's happening?" I mused, more to myself.

I haven't been able to fixate myself at the fact that those doors are freaking glowing when all of a sudden, they started to slowly fade a way now.

What the heck?!

"Ma'am yung mga pinto po naglalaho!" I burst frantically, addressing the Supreme Druid.

But the latter just waved her hand dismissively. "Oh hayaan mo lang sila hija."

"What? But aren't I supposed to enter one of those doors to leave this place?"

Well that's what I understood from my previous experience.

"Hmmn yes. Basically, but haven't you heared this old adage child?; 'when one door closes, another one opens." She muttered fatalistically.

On that exact moment, a very bright light flashed afront. Then my eyes once again widened as I saw one door, magically appeared out of nowhere, this time behind the Supreme Druid's back.

"See?" She mused with a grin then walked straight towards that new door and opened it nonchalantly.

"Halika na, hinihintay ka na nila." She told me. Then laid her hand, mustering me to enter.

I wanted to ask whom she is talking about though. I mean those people who are supposed to be waiting for me but I held my tounge. Instead, I did what she told me to do because well.....I can't exactly describe it but somehow, some kind of gravitational force is pulling me towards that door already. And I can't fight against it.

I was already halfway through when the Supreme Druid took my hand and beckoned me to come forth. She only released her hold when we are already standing at the door's very front.

"So I guess this is a good bye dearie. At least for now." She said

I looked at her. "When will I see you again?"

"You will know when the time comes. But first, before you leave let me tell you one more thing."

I cocked my head to the side, waiting for what she's about to unveil now.

"You know this is actually your third time in this place, not second."

"What?!" I exclaimed, absolutedly surprised. "That's impossible."

I am pretty sure that I've only been to this place, the first and only time, during that dream, when she made me chose between those doors. So I have absolutely no idea what's she's saying now.

"Believe it or not I am telling you the truth. You've been here, even before that. It's just that you don't remember anymore..well because I made sure that you don't. Just like how you wouldn't remember this meeting after."

Huh? The hell is this creature talking about?

For the record I am very certain that it is only my second time coming here now. But what is this nagging feeling inside that's somehow tells me that what she's saying is actually right?

I am literally about to go nuts here.

"Then why? I mean..ano pong ginawa ko dito noon? Kung totoo man po yung sinasabi niyo." Suddenly, I feel nervous asking.

Then in my head, suddenly came is a retaliation against my own statement.

Well geez, of course Maymay she's telling the truth! She is the freaking Supreme Druid after all!

Indeed she is. And for that, twisting people's tiny little fates in between her fingers is just a piece of cake.

I shook my head. I am literally contradicting my own thoughts now.