Chapter Thirty-nine: The Return

Start from the beginning

I exhaled to that, utterly disappointed. Nevertheless I agreed anyway. "Ok."

As much as I want to, I didn't dare argue anymore because I know that I couldn't win anyway. And besides, I have a feeling that we will going to meet again someday, somehow at some place like she said. And when that time comes, I guess I can get all the answers that I want from her then.

So, I just proceeded to another important question next. "Why am I here again? Did you summon me?"

Do I actually need to choose one of those doors again? She better give me a clear answer to this. Ay teka...sandali baka may timer na naman ah! Jusmiyo!.

My thoughts are surely frantic.

I was still in the middle of that private rant when all of a sudden, I heared the woman chuckled.

"Don't worry hija, I don't have a timer today." Then she muttered in between those laughs.

How on earth?! Wide eyed, I internally exclaimed.

Wait...can she actually read my thoughts?

Sheeet!

Now I should really have to be careful of what to think while I'm here.

I scratched my head, slightly embarassed. "Ahh...ok po..hehe..."

"Relax. It's ok. You can't think whatever you want to. I won't judge." She assured.

I eyed her suspiciously.

I doubt it. Of course.

But she just smiled at me again, albeit hearing those resentful thoughts.

"Hija loosen up. As I said I'm not here to judge your thoughts, neither to make you choose from one of those doors. After all, you already did that thing the last time you are here." She explained.

Huh? My foreheard creased for a moment back there before the memory clicked on me.

Right. I did jump into one of those doors the last time I was here. But I can hardly remember which one I entered anymore because well, I already woke up before I had a chance to see it.

So anyway, if that's the case, the situation brings us to my initial question then.

"Eh kung ganun naman po pala, bakit nga po ako, tayo nandito ngayon?" I raised my eyebrows for emphasis.

"You don't remember what happened to you before you come here right?" She confirmed.

Yes. A confirmation. She sure sounded like she's confirming an existing fact rather than asking me a question with that tone.

"What do you mean by that?" I retorted, getting more and more confused now.

Again that reply of a smile. "Nothing. Don't bother yourself about it. You'll eventually remember later anyway."

Argh! Again with that mysterious response.

Did she actually properly answer even one of my questions since the start of this conversation?

"So ano nga po'ng ginagawa natin dito ngayon?"

I don't want to sound rude but my impatience is starting to get over me. Nothing is making sense so far. Still.

The Supreme Druid sighed at my demeanor then finally muttered. "I'm here to show you the way back hija. Ihahatid lang kita"

"Po?" I exlaimed, surprised by what I heared.

I was about to dig in deeper to that when I noticed something glowed behind my back. I quickly turned around to see what it was. My eyes widened. the instant I realized what it is though.