Believe in Me- Chapter 12: Preperation for the Party

A few months had passed and now it was the middle of December. Light snow was falling outside and the smashed window had now been fixed. So it was a lot warmer in the flat. The letter had come back from Forensics at Scotland Yard, but they had found nothing.
"Lestrade's hopeless," said Sherlock. The pair were sat down in the living room, sipping tea while John was out shopping.
"It's not his fault," Flora said sternly. "I mean, if the letter has come from the hands if Moriarty then it could be anyone's in the world."
"I suppose," Sherlock murmured. He paused in thought for a couple of minutes and eventually said: "Maybe it's it the blood we're supposed to be looking at. Maybe it to do with something else, like the cuts on the murdered people or the clue's in the letter itself."
"Yes," agreed Flora. "You might be right."
Just then, John came in with six shopping bags.
"Do you want any help, John?" Flora asked.
"If you don't mind," he replied with a struggle. Flora got up and skilled over to help him. She took half the load and put them in the kitchen.
"What have you been buying?" Exclaimed Flora, stating the weight of the bags.
"Mostly things for Sherlock's experiments," said John. "I didn't even know you could get half the stuff on his list from the supermarket."
"Of course you can, John," Sherlock called. "Don't be ridiculous."
John rolled his eyes and carried on putting the things away, assisted by Flora.
"Thank you Flora," said John gratefully when they had finished.
"My pleasure," she smiled. They both walked into the living room, John sat on his chair and Flora on the sofa.
"Sherlock?" Said John.
"Yes?"
"Lestrade says there's a Christmas do at Scotland Yard," John explained. "And he was wondering if we wanted to go."
"Certainly not," Sherlock scoffed. "A social gathering, you know I'm not up for them."
"Oh come on Sherlock," Flora pleaded. "It'll be fun!"
"It's final, I'm not going," he folded his arms.
"Don't be such a spoil sport, Sherlock," said John. "It's only once a year. You don't have to talk to anybody except us."
Sherlock sighed. "When is it?"
"Saturday," replied John. "6pm."
"Fine," he mumbled. "I'll do it for you two. But you're not dragging me into anything."
John and Flora smiled at each other with success and Sherlock quietly sipped his tea.

**************************************************************************

"So what are you going to wear?" Flora asked Sherlock the next day. The three of them were stood inside of a fancy clothing shop. It was quite busy, people were getting their Christmas outfits.
"My normal suit," he said gesturing to the outfit he already wore.
"Really?" Said John.
"Yes, of course," Sherlock replied. "It's what I always wear."
"That's exactly my point," Flora said and Sherlock raised an eyebrow. "Try something different."
"Like what?"
Flora scanned the clothes rack in front of her and picked out a black tailcoat. "This?"
Sherlock pulled a face. "You're joking?"
Flora shook her head.
"Fine," he muttered. Sherlock took the coat off Flora with hesitance.
"And this," she said, handing him a black waistcoat. He sighed and walked away. Flora helped John out and then looked for a suitable attire of her own. After a while of studying all sorts of dresses, she picked out a long, purple dress that had silver flowers lining the left side of the top of the dress and around the waist. She smiled at her choice and went to find Sherlock and John.
They paid for their things and left. Sherlock was happy to leave and he said he never wanted to go there again.
"When am I ever going to wear this get up again?" Sherlock moaned.
"You'll find some other occasion," said John. "All your other suits are dull, as you say."
"That's nice of you," Sherlock said with sarcasm. "All we have to do now is wait for the horrible social event. Sociopaths don't go to social events, John."
"Well if you're going, you're not much of a sociopath. Are you?"
Sherlock said nothing for the rest of the way back to Baker Street...

****************************************************************************

This chapter may be a bit boring for you, but I'm gonna try and get something exciting into the next one... 😏