mastermind!shuichi x kokichi

a/n: kinda one sided? shuichi is just confused between his love for despair and love itself haha
—————————————

a class trial had just finished. the victim was miu iruma, while the culprit was gonta gokuhara.

the case was once again solved by the ultimate detective, shuichi saihara.
while gonta was being executed, shuichi couldn't help but wonder about his and kokichi's talk before he logged out of the virtual world.

'you're really useful! hey, i know, how about you stop hanging out with dumb'ol kaito and be my friend instead! i could be useful too, y'know. i can help you save everyone.'

heh, save everyone. those are my exact opposite intentions.
though, i am kind of intrigued by him and his plans, to save everyone was it? maybe i should pay him a visit after all, it could be quite entertaining.

but just then my thoughts were interrupted as i soon realized gonta's execution was now over. oh, right, im supposed to be shedding tears.

i pretended to cry along with everyone. however the one who probably cried the hardest was himiko, god with her insufferable magic talk, how was she even able to survive this long? soon after everyone was ganging up on kokichi, but the loudest voice was kaito's. sometimes even i dont know how i can handle someone like kaito, all of his "believing in everyone!", and better yet, he calls me his sidekick yet im the one always doing the work, god i wish i could laugh right now. i was snapped back out of my thoughts with loud screaming coming from kaito. then a thud.

"oops! sorry, i tried to dodge you...but i punched you instead."
i pretended to worry for kaito.
i shouted out kaito, in concerned voice. "damn you.." kaito grumbled.

"by the way kaito, is it just me...? or did you get waayy slower?" kokichi then continued, "maybe, just maybe our dear kaito is hiding something from us too."
maki, agitated with kokichi ran over to kaito's side.
"kaito! are you okay?" maki asked with deep concern "yeah.. its gonna take more than one punch for me to go down!" maki nodded, and turned her head to kokichi glaring at him.

"for someone who claims to be bad at fighting, you were pretty agile just now.."
"and you believed a lie like that?"

ah yes, kokichi really is interesting. i really want him to survive at the end, i could get more despair then i could ever imagine! it just fills me with anticipation!~
during kokichi's monologue everyone rushed over to kaito's side.

"kaito, are you okay?!?"
"are you hurt? do you need a shoulder to lean on?"
"s-sorry! my mp's at zero so i cant use any recovery magic!"

kokichi looking agitated continued to speak over everyone's worried crys.

"hey.. why are you all so worried about this pathetic gu—" i really couldnt agree more, but having to cover up my identity i spoke, "pathetic? look at yourself kokichi"
"..what?"
"kaito will always have us by his side—" not, "you have no one. you will forever and always be alone."

for a split second, kokichi looked hurt but then returned quickly.
"ahaha! friends? friends dont help make this game more entert—"
he cut himself off,
"... geez, boring. im no longer entertained. i dont care anymore—" hes lying. "but i will tell you this." oh? "the one who will win this game.. is me!" kokichi spat out those words and quickly made a dash for the exit.

everyones attention quickly turned back to kaito after he started making weird.. gurgling sounds? i know this is part of his sickness, but geez. it was really loud.

maki examined kaito,
"you dont look well, but it doesnt seem he punched you that hard.."
tsumugi asked kaito "did you hit your head or something..?" kaito responded back to both girls
"im okay.. its fine."
"hey..! dont push yourself, try to lay down and-"
"i said.." he struggled "im fine."