Chapter 19

Olivia's POV

I took a deep breath as I finished relaying the last few months to my father. About two words in I had ended up in tears, making my father very concerned. At the end though, he only conveyed rage.

Is he mad because of Jordan or because I broke one of the biggest rules in the castle? I began to panic as I wondered this.

"That stupid boy doesn't know what he's missing!" My father roared.

I let out a sigh of relief. He's not mad at me.

"Now I know he's a prince, but I will not have anyone disrespecting my pumpkin! Where is he, I'm gonna kick his a-"

"Dad!" I cut him off, "He is still a prince, you can't do anything like that."

He looked down in anger.

"Why would he lead you on like that just to turn you down?" He asked, "That just doesn't make sense."

"I don't know," I shrugged, "maybe he was just bored."

I put my head in my hands and sighed. He put his hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner.

"Forget about him. You're too good for that scoundrel," he said after a few seconds of silence.

I laughed through my tears,"You sound just like Mary."

"That's because we're right," he said back.

We sat in silence for a few minutes until my father spoke up, "Do you wanna go visit mom?"

I nodded my head weakly, my tears slowing down.

We walked to the edge of the garden where a small path had been made out of large stepping stones. We walked along the path for a short while until we came upon a section of dirt with flowers surrounding it: my mother's grave.

There was a bench right beside it that I used to sit on and talk to my mom for hours when I was younger. Of course she couldn't respond, but that didn't stop me from telling her everything that was happening in my life.

I smiled at the grave. I had cried so much when she had passed that my tears and sadness just turned into happy memories and I could think about her and talk about her without crying.

"I'll leave you two alone," my dad said, following the path back out.

I walked over to he bench and sat down. For a long time, I just sat there and felt the wind blow through my hair. I watched as the flowers danced in the cool breeze, making them seem almost alive.

"Hey mom," I finally spoke up, "it's been awhile since I've been here. I got so lost in my own world that I guess I just forgot to take time to just have a chat with you. Sorry about that. But how's it going? Because my life has turned completely upside down. You see I fell in love with this boy Jordan, you know, Prince Jordan. Anyway I fell completely head over heels and it seemed for awhile that he loved me back. It was a good couple weeks. For the first time in a long time I actually felt loved. That didn't last long though. I snuck out to go to the castle ball with him, of course it was a ball for him to find a bride. I was having such a marvelous time until he said he didn't like me. I don't know what happened, mom, it was like one second we were so happy and the next he hated me. We've been pretty distant since. Oh, and get this, he's getting married in four months. Four months! I can't bear to be here while he marries someone else. I love him mom, I really do. It hurts so bad to know that I meant nothing to him and to see him already engaged."

I had to stop speaking as I was on the verge of tears.

"What do I do, mom?" I called out before I broke down completely.

I don't know when it happened, but after crying into my hands for awhile I fell asleep.

Right before I had fully drifted to sleep however, I felt myself enveloped in warmth.

"I'm sorry," I heard someone's soft voice whisper right as sleep overcame me.

Jordan's POV

I saw her out of my bedroom window, lying on the bench by her mother's grave. She was passionately talking, about what I had no idea.

My room had a full view of the garden, and with it, Olivia's mother's grave. I had never paid particular attention to it until I saw the beautiful girl I loved sitting on it. I couldn't take my eyes off of her once I saw her.

All of the sudden, she stopped talking and put her face in her hands. My heart broke to see her cry.

Screw it. I'm not going to let her sit outside all alone and cry.

I jumped up and grabbed my jacket, putting it on as I made my way downstairs. I ran outside and into the garden.

I had gone into the garden a few times with Olivia when we were younger, but not since.

I made my way to the stepping stone path that I vaguely remembered. I ran along it to find the grave surrounded by beautiful flowers. I looked over to the bench and saw Olivia lying down on it, shivering. She seemed to be asleep. I walked over to her and took off my jacket, laying it on her to provide her some warmth.

"I'm sorry," I said softly as I sat down next to her head.

I gently ran my hand through her hair as I listened to her soft breaths fill the silence.

I looked down to her tear-stained cheeks and wiped the remaining liquid off of them.

"I am so sorry my love," I whispered to her, "I'm doing this to protect you. I wish there was another way."

I leaned down to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"I love you," I said, my voice slightly breaking towards the end.

-------------------------------------

Omg you guys!!! Literally the last time I looked at this story there were like 600 views and now it's at almost 2k!!! I saw it and got so happy.l! Thank you all so much! I got on wattpad to get my writing out there and even getting 600 readers was impressive to me! I also got my first comment, so a special thanks to lolpoo21 for that! Thank you also to everyone who added The Servant Girl to their reading list or voted for a chapter! This really means a lot to me😊!