Chapter 17

Jordan's P.O.V

I need to find a way out of my marriage. All I could think of when meeting Katerina a month ago was Olivia.

Katerina was a bitch. She was entitled, prissy, and overly dramatic. She threatened to fire at least 5 of my servants for the most minute things!

I laid down in my bed thinking of ways to get out of the arranged marriage with my eyes closed.

"Jordan!" A voice screeched.

I shot up out of my bed, startled.

"What?!" I asked urgently, thinking there was some kind of emergency.

"Were you even listening to me?!" The annoying voice yelled back.

I looked over to see a very upset Katerina. I sighed.

"What now?" I asked.

"Don't use that tone with your wife!" She yelled in response.

"You're not my wife!" I yelled at her,
"Not yet."

She squealed in exasperation.

"One of our servants swept dust onto my feet!" She yelled.

"Well, was it on purpose?" I asked.

"I'm sure it was," she retorted in a matter-of-fact voice.

"Let me rephrase that. Did they apologise?" I asked as if I were talking to a child.

"Well yes, but they said 'sorry miss Katerina'!" She yelled in her high pitched voice.

"And...?" I prompted, annoyed.

"And she should've called me your highness!" She yelled back as if it were obvious.

I sighed.

"So what do you want me to do about that?" I asked impatiently.

"Why, throw them in the dungeon of course!" She said back.

"Oh boy," I muttered under my breath.

I laid back down and closed my eyes.

"Don't ignore me!" She screeched.

I tuned her out and was soon asleep and dreaming of how much better my life would be if the person I was marrying soon was Olivia, not this bitch.

I woke up a couple of hours later. Thankfully I was alone. I was also incredibly bored. The first I idea that popped into my head was hanging out with Olivia. Since I couldn't do that, I went with the next best thing: getting absolutely wasted.

I called up Josh, who was, as always, down to go to a club. Arranging to meet in half an hour I left my room and the castle, not even trying to be discreet. I stopped caring about what my parents thought and wanted a long time ago. With a slam of the gates, I was finally off of the palace property.

The club was packed. I tried to blend in as much as possible, but it was a struggle with the large quantity of girls swarming me and hanging on me. Every one of their touches repulsed me. I tried to shove my way out of the hoard of women to get a drink, but I had no luck. I finally got through enough to take a seat at the bar. I sat down with the girls still following me. I had no room to breathe. When I used to go to the club, I loved the attention, but now it's just a nuisance. Every girl I see I can't help but compare then to Olivia.

"What can I get for you your highness," the bartender asked.

I sighed at his formality.

"The strongest thing you have," I answered.

He nodded and walked away. The girls kept swarming me, a few trying to even sit on my lap. I angrily tried to push some of them away when they invaded my personal space too much, but they kept coming back.

The bartender returned with my drink after what seemed like hours. I picked it up to lift it to my lips when one of the girls reached out to touch me intimately.

I stood up abruptly, throwing my drink to the ground with as much force as possible.

"I'm fucking done with this shit! Get away from me!" I screamed.

The group parted immediately, leaving me an escape route. I stormed out and to the car, wanting nothing more than to hold my sweet Olivia in my arms.

Arriving back at the castle, I went straight for the kitchen to look for Olivia. Finding it empty, I went for the second place I knew she would be: her room.

I arrived at the door and knocked softly, taking a deep breath and praying that she'd be in there.

"Come in," I heard the soft reply of Olivia.

I opened the door slowly to see her sitting on her bed. My eyes softened when I saw her, but her's seemed to do the opposite. She pulled her eyebrows together in a frown and her eyes watered.

"What do you want!?" She snapped at me.

That hurt, but I guess I deserved it.

You. I wanted I to answer. Then I remembered why I was putting up with my bitchy fiance.

"I... um...," I tried to make up an excuse.

"Speak up or get out!" She warned.

"I was looking for Mary and thought she would be in here," I lied.

"Well she's not so you can leave now," she replied.

I let my eyes linger on her for one more moment until I slowly shut the door and left.

I walked back up to my room feeling defeated. My parents won. They got what they wanted. I wasn't with a servant girl and tarnishing their name. But it hurts so much.

I opened my door and was pulled out of my thoughts when I saw Katerina sitting on my bed in tears. Oh boy.

I went to her and tried to comfort her, awkwardly putting a hand lightly on her shoulder.

"What's wrong?" I patted her on the back, keeping my distance.

"You were gone all day...," she replied making me think that she actually might have been worried about me, "so I had no one to talk to about how badly I'm treated here!"

My expression hardened and I forced her chin up so she would look at me.

"Listen, I don't know about you, but I don't want to marry you. I'm being forced into this, so I'm going to try and put up with you because of my parents. But if you keep pulling shit like this and annoying me about how badly you are treated here I will not hesitate to kick you out and..." I stopped.

And what? And ruin Olivia's life forever, because that's what would happen if I broke off this marriage.

I sighed, running a hand down my face.

"Just... just get out please," I angrily pleaded with her.

She followed my instructions, leaving me alone.