Chapter 24 Renegade

Gerard-

That little shit! Who does he think he is?! Just because he's the son of a police officer! "I'm gonna kill him!" I grumble. "Whoa, Gerard. Take it easy don't let anyone hear you..." Mikey says. I shake my head. "Hey, he can only bother you till Christmas eve, remember?" I growl and slam my fist down on my desk. "Do you have any idea what can happen between now and then?!" I yell at my younger brother.

The class turns and looks at me in horror. "What are you looking at?!" I snap, making the class look away. The teacher just sighs and turns the movie up louder. I was in my senior project class and we were watching some movie about art. The teacher walks up to me. "Gerard, sweetie, what's the matter? What's troubling you?" She asks. Miss Penning is the only teacher who likes me.

She is the sweetest person I've ever met. It's why I really love my first and last hours so much. "I'd rather not talk about it." I mumble. She nods. "Well, if you change your mind, my door is always open for you, Gerard." She says with a kind smile before going back to her desk. I sighed and looked down. "What I'm I gonna do? Damien's in every class I have with Misty.

I won't even be able to sit by her..." I mumble and face plant the desk. Mikey rubs my back. "He's not in our p.e class." I could hear the smirk on his voice. I look back up at him with a matching smirk. "Guess you're right. I'm mean, what's the little twerp gonna do? Babysit our gym class?" I joke. Mikey puts his hand over his mouth and tries not to laugh.

Lunch

The guys and I were sitting at our lunch table. They were talking and making jokes about whatever. I didn't even bother eating this slop they call food. I was too busy scanning the lunchroom for Misty. I finally saw her walking in with her head down and her lunch bag in hand. "Misty!" I shout, waving her over. She looked up. I could see the damage and saddens in her eyes.

Before she could walk over, Damien walks in and pulls at her arm, making her stumble. I gripped the table in anger and broke a big piece off. He was yelling at her as he pushed and shoved Misty to another table. "That's it! I've had it! I'm sick and tired of Damien hurting her!" I picked up my bat and stood up. "Gerard, what the hell are you doing?!" Mikey says.

"Gerard, stop!" Frank said. "Shut up!" I bark and walk over to Misty and Damien. I grab that little bastard by his hair and shove him away from my girl before grabbing her and kissing her. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Damien yells. I look and him and glared down at him. I grab him by the scruff of his student council uniform that his daddy probably threatened the school into letting him join.

His dad probably has the principal by the balls. Which is why this little shit gets away with everything. Not anymore! "Listen up you piece of shit! I don't care what you tell your daddy! I'm not letting you hurt my girlfriend anymore!" I yell in his face, spitting every so often. Damien wiped his face off and smirked at me. "Oh really? Fine then! Have it your way!"

He pulled out his phone and called someone. "Dad, it's an emergency! Gerard Way attacked me and is molesting Misty Brown!" He cried. My eyes widen and my heart sunk. I let go of him, making him fall on his butt and backed away. He started chuckling. "You're in for it now! My dad is on his way right now to arrest you! "No..." Misty whispers. I grab her hand and run out of the cafeteria.

"Gerard! What are you doing?!" Misty asks as we run down the hallways. "What does it look like?! We're running!" I shout back. We ran out the front doors but Ryan was just pulling up! "WAY! PUT YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!" He screams. "Shit, go!" I push Misty back inside. "Oh my God, Gerard!" She yells. I run upstairs with her where my locker is.

I could hear Ryan shouting at us. "Gerard, this is insane! Where are we even going?!" Misty yells. I look down at her and sigh. We both can't hide. It's me he's after. I open up my locker. "Gerard?" I sigh. "Don't move or make any noise..." I tell Misty before shoving her in my locker. "Gerard!" I closed her in and turn to run, but Ryan comes around the corner and shoots me in the leg.

Misty-

"Gerard!" I shout when he locks me in his locker. I froze when I heard a gunshot and Gerard screaming. I shook and put my hand over my mouth and peak through the three long holes at the top of the locker. (I'm sorry, I have no idea what the hell those things are called.) For a second, I thought my heart was gonna stop. Gerard was on the floor, bleeding from his leg!

Ryan ran up to him and grabbed him by his hair. "Where is she!" He screamed. I knew he meant me. Gerard screams in pain. "F-f-fuck.... y-you!" He sputtered out. Ryan growled. "You've asked for this!" He spat and started beating him with his baton. I closed my eyes and tears ran down my cheeks. Why?! Why is this happening?!

"Gerard Way, are are here by under arrest! Anything you say can and will be used against you!" Ryan sneers. I open my eyes and for a split second I can see that Gerard is bloodied and bruised and his hands were cuffed behind his back. "No!" I hear Frank. My heart skips a beat as I perk up a little. "Let him go!" Bob shouts. "He didn't do anything!" Said Ray.

"LEAVE MY BROTHER ALONE!" Mikey screams. "Stay out of this, all if you! Otherwise you'll all be placed under arrest!" He shouts. I couldn't see anymore, but I'm sure Ryan was pointing his gun at the guys because they went silent. I put both hands over my mouth so I wouldn't sob. "Lets go you piece of scum!" Ryan sneers before dragging Gerard out.

I could hear sobbing from down the hall where the guys are. It was Mikey. "Mikey!" I cried. "Misty?" He sobs. I bang on the locker and the guys come running. Mikey opens it and I hug him. He hugs back and we cry. I mean, he just watched his brother get beaten and arrested! "I'm sorry! I'm sorry we got you dragged into this!

Maybe if we hadn't, Damien would've left you alone and Gerard wouldn't have gotten arrested!" He cried. I shook my head and looked up at him. "It's not your fault. I would've gotten dragged into this anyways because Ryan's dating my mom! But all he does is hurt her!" I cry back. "He's not gonna get away with this!" Said Frank. I look up and they shake their heads.

"I mean, he can't." Said Ray. Mikey and I looked at each other with a spark of hope. "Yeah, but after that beating, the wire Gerard was wearing probably got destroyed." Said Bob. Well, there goes our last spark of hope. "There's still the cameras I ordered for Misty!" Said Frank. "That'll take about two days to get here.

Who knows what will happen before then..." said Mikey. I look down and sigh. We look down the hallway when he hear laughing that was coming from Damien. "You guys are comically hopeless! Gerard is going to prison, Misty is gonna probably get taken away from her mom and there's nothing you or anyone can do about it!" I bit my lip and held onto Mikey. We are screwed...!